Just a quick note to mention a few updated I’ve made to the website. They are relatively small but important.
First, as I mentioned in my last State of the Frontier post, I have a new server. As of this post, I’ve migrated the site from the old server to the new one. This required reworking a little bit of the back-end infrastructure to get everything working. Not so much to get the site up, but rather to make it so it will be easier to add in all the other sites I want to bring to the server. Since the new server is a much faster machine, you might notice some performance improvements although this site has been fairly performant already.
The other change, and arguably the more important one, is that as part of those back-end changes, I’ve added an SSL certificate to the site and it is now accessible via HTTPS instead of HTTP. You may or may not have noticed when you accessed the site to read this post. As I bring other sites over to this new server they will be HTTPS enabled as well. This should hopefully help with the various search engines (which down rank non-HTTPS sites) and with browsers that give warnings or even block sites that are HTTP only.
That’s it for now. Now that I know the server and infrastructure are working, I’ll be moving the other websites over the course of the next few weeks. If you run into any problems or issues, be sure to let me know.