This was a fairly busy month with three major events. The first was the discovery of the YAS Royal Cloud by the HSS History’s Hope. This is going to send ripples through the yazirian society. The other two major events were the battles at Terledrom and Hargut. The loss of the starship construction center at Terledrom is a major blow to the UPF. Strike Force Nova is en route to hit a similar sized sathar shipyard and we’ll see what happens there next month.
|62.069||Six more pilots graduate from the accelerated training program at Gollwin Academy. They take command of some of the fighters there and await the arrival of SG Alpha.|
|62.070||Both Sathar TG1 & SBF-E2 jump into the OFS020 system and begins decelerating. TG1 detects PG Probe Alpha almost immediately and takes measures to remain undetected by the UPF ships.|
|62.071||The HSS History’s Hope arrives in inner system of YS14 and begins the approach the ship broadcasting the mayday message. It seems to be floating in interplanetary space on highly elliptical orbit around the star.|
|62.072||– The UPF destroyer arrives at Kawdl-Kit (K’sta-Kar) and joins PG Vigilant.|
– Arriving within visual range of the ancient yazirian vessel, the crew of the HSS History’s Hope confirms that it is indeed the YAS Royal Cloud, the only ark ship from the exodus not to arrive in the Frontier and which was carrying the imperial family of ancient Yazira.
– Inspection of the YAS Royal Cloud show that it is missing all of its engines and shows signs of blast damage on the aft part of the ship as well as serious weathering and impact damage from small objects and micro meteors.
– An assault scout is completed at the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar) and joins TF Prenglar.
|62.073||– TG2 jumps into the Liberty system as it is passing through.|
– PG Probe Alpha successfully jumps back into the Fromeltar system without having detected the arrival of sathar SBF-E2 or TG1 entering the OFS020 system. They transmit the jump data to Spacefleet and begin decelerating and working on calculation for a return to that system and then beyond.
– After an animated discussion and deliberation, the crew of the HSS History’s Hope decides to not attempt boarding the YAS Royal Cloud. Deciding that a message about its discovery is too sensitive to broadcast, they choose to return to the Frontier to deliver it personally.
– After completing a close visual inspection of the YAS Royal Cloud, the HSS History’s Hope starts accelerating for a jump back to the YS12 system.
– A frigate is completed at the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar). Together with the AS completed the day before, they are designated SG Beta and depart for the K’tsa-Kar system to join PG Vigilant
|62.074||– Sathar TG1 and SBF-E2 met in the OFS020 system and all but the assault carrier from TG1 join SBF-E2. The assault carrier (TG1) departs for sathar SCC#4 (OFS111) while the other ships start accelerating for a jump into the Fromeltar system.|
– An assault scout is finished at the Minotaur (Theseus) shipyards and departs for the Liberty system to join PG Liberty.
– Two fighters are completed at the Terledrom (Fromeltar) shipyards.
|62.075||– TG2 is detected in the outer reaches of the Liberty system by PG Liberty. A heavy cruiser and destroyer are too much for a lone assault scout so they can only report the transit of the ships back to Spacefleet and request more support.|
– PG Probe Beta arrives in the Zebulon system and begins decelerating toward Volturnus and working on jump calculations to plot a route directly to Kazak through the Xagyg Nebula.
– An assault scout is completed at the CDC shipyards (Triad, Cassidine) and begins patrol duties with FFC Squadron Eta.
|62.076||– A frigate is completed at sathar SCC#4 (OFS111).|
– PG Probe Gamma arrives in the Kizk-Kar system. It begins decelerating toward the planet and working on calculations for a jump to the binary star system FS56, the suspected route for sathar ships into the Kisk-Kar system.
|62.077||– PG Probe Delta arrives in the K’aken-Kar system and begins decelerating toward the planet to confer with the militia assault scout crew. Work also begins on calculations for a jump to the FS33 system.|
– SG Alpha arrives back at Gollwin Academy (Morgaine’s World, Prenglar) where it picks up 8 more fighters and departs for Lossend (Timeon).
|62.078||– The HSS History’s Hope successfully jumps back into the YS12 system. The crew decides that they need to fully chart the route to YS14 before returning the Frontier and so begin decelerating and working on jump calculations back to that system.|
– PG Liberty realizes that TG2 is not headed for the Waller Nexus system and on to Theseus but to some other destination. They relay this to Spacefleet.
|62.079||SBF-E2 jumps into the Fromeltar system and begin decelerating toward Terldrom.|
|62.080||– SBF-E2 is detected by TF Cassidine. PG Probe Alpha aborts its jump back to OFS020 and heads to join the Task Force as it, the FFC squadron, and the Fromeltar militia prepare to meet the sathar fleet.|
– Sathar fleet TG2 jumps out of the Liberty system (to OFS196).
|62.081||– Two Fighters are completed at the Minotaur (Theseus) shipyards. They join the others manned by militia pilots under the direction of FFC Squadron Epsilon.|
– Significantly outgunned, TF Cassidine regrets not requesting one of the minelayers in Prenglar to be transferred to Fromeltar. They hope to use the maneuverability of their smaller ships against the large number of capital ships in the sathar fleet.
|62.082||– Calculations complete, PG Probe Beta begins accelerating for the jump to Kazak.|
– Calculations complete, PG Probe Gamma begins accelerating for the jump to FS56.
– Calculations complete, PG Probe Delta begins accelerating for the jump to FS33.
|62.083||– Sathar TG1 arrives at SCC#4.|
– Second Battle of Terledrom (Fromeltar) – The sathar suffer more losses than expected but destroy the Terledrom shipyards, most of the UPF fighters in the system, and a militia assault scout.
– The fleeing sathar ships accelerate for a jump to OFS020 where they will make a high-speed run to sathar SCC#5 (OFS019).
|62.084||– A frigate is completed at sathar SCC#10 (OFS174).|
– TF Cassidine’s assault carrier, together with the Fromeltar militia frigate, are designated Shuttle Group Beta and depart for Dramune where the frigate will enter the shipyard for repairs and the carrier will continue on to Prenglar.
– One of the minelayers in TF Prenglar is detached and designated Shuttle Group Gamma. It departs to join TF Cassidine in Fromeltar.
|62.085||After a careful review of the events of the Second Battle of Fromeltar, Spacefleet begins a program to arm and add defenses to all existing starship construction centers. Additionally, security is increased even further at all operating shipyards.|
|62.086||– SG Alpha arrives at Lossend where the eight fighters it is carrying are deployed as FFC Squadron Iota. SG Alpha then heads out for Theseus to pick up more fighters.|
– An assault scout is completed at the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar) and joins TF Prenglar.
|62.087||– Calculations for the return jump to YS14 complete, the HSS History’s Hope begins accelerating for a jump back to that system.|
– PG Probe Beta successfully jumps into the Kazak system. It begins decelerating and working on jump calculations for the return jump to Zebulon.
– PG Probe Gamma successfully jumps into FS56. They remain near jump speed while working on overhauls and jump calculations for the return jump to Kizk-Kar while they monitor for sathar signals in the system.
– PG Probe Delta successfully jumps into the FS33 system. With the jump back to K’aken-Kar already plotted by the militia, they remain near jump speed and begin working on jump calculations to the neutron star in OFS166 while they monitor for sathar signals in the system.
|62.088||– Spacefleet changes PG Probe Beta’s orders and directs the to proceed immediately to OFS019 and monitor the system. They stark working on jump calculations for that system and maneuvering for a jump.|
– A light cruiser is completed at sathar SCC#1 (OFS203) and joins SBF-A2.
– SBF-E2 jumps back into OFS020 where they remain near jump speed and begin a high-speed transit to SCC#5 (OFS019).
– Five fighters are completed at the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar) and shuttled to Gollwin Academy.
|62.089||– TG Beta arrives in the K’sta-Kar system from Prenglar and joins PG Vigilant.|
– Sathar fleet TG2 jumps into the OFS203 system (Sathar SCC#1) and receive orders to remain near jump speed and vector to join SBF-A2 which begins acceleration for a jump to the Gruna Garu system.
– Assessment of resources and manufacturing capabilities complete, work begins on the long process of rebuilding the Terledrom (Fromeltar) starship construction center.
– Two more pilots graduate from the accelerating training program at Gollwin Academy. They continue working with the fighters at the academy while two other pilots are sent to Triad (Cassidine) to start training with FFC Squadron Eta.
|62.090||The assault scout from Minotaur arrives in the Liberty system and joins PG Liberty.|
|62.091||PG Probe Beta jumps into the OFS019 system. They remain near jump speed as they begin working on calculations for a jump back to Kazak and monitoring for sathar signals in the system.|
|62.092||– The HSS History’s Hope successfully jumps back into the YS14 system completely charting the route to that system from YS12. They begin deceleration and jump calculations back to YS12 and then a return trip to Scree Fron.|
– Calculations complete, PG Probe Delta successfully jumps into the OFS166 system containing the neutron star. They begin decelerating and working on calculations for a jump back to FS33 while monitoring for sathar signals.
– After only detecting signals from near one of the planets, Spacefleet orders PG Probe Beta to cautiously proceed to the inner system and examine exactly what is there. They alter their course to slowly drop into the system.
|62.093||Deceleration and jump calculations complete, PG Probe Gamma begins accelerating for a jump back to the Kisk-Kar system.|
|62.094||– SBF-A2 (1 DD, 2 LC, 1 HC) jump into the Gruna Garu system and begin decelerating toward the planet.|
– The Gruna Guru militia detects the inbound sathar ships just hours after they arrive in the system. Together with FFC Squadron Theta and the Yazira Squadron of civilian privateers, they prepare to defend against the sathar while notifying Spacefleet.
|62.095||Sathar SCC#5 detects the inbound assault scouts of PG Probe Beta. The UPF ships notice a sharp decrease in transmissions from the planet but little else.|
|62.096||With the increased security the CNE Group infrastructure rollout has speed up and gone much more smoothly. As new areas are provided with service, customers are switching in droves away from the high prices of the Groth Energy Corporation.|
|62.097||– Calculations complete, and having not detected any sathar in the system, PG Probe Delta begins accelerating for a jump back to FS33.|
– The two Spacefleet fighter pilots arrive at Triad (Cassidine).
|62.098||– PG Probe Gamma successfully jumps back into the Kizk-Kar system and immediately begins decelerating and working on calculations for a jump back to FS56.|
– Battle of Hargut (Gruna Garu) – UPF forces defeat the invading sathar but at great cost including the loss of the station around the planet.
Five fighters are completed at the CDC (Triad, Cassidine) shipyards.
|62.099||– PG Probe Beta gets close enough to the planet to begin to detect details and discovers what seems to be a starship construction center as well as shuttles going between the station and planet. The SCC seems to be currently undefended.|
– After several hours of observations, PG Probe Beta begins to accelerate away from the planet toward the outer system. They send a subspace radio message back to Spacefleet with their report.
– The damaged ships of the Yazira Squadron depart Hargut (Gruna Garu) for Prenglar and the shipyards there.
The full timeline file can be downloaded here:
7 thoughts on “Detailed Frontier Timeline – FY62.069 to FY62.99”
Another entertaining installment – thanks! I’m curious about how are you determining which ships/groups detect which others when they occupy the same system (e.g. 62.070, 62.074).
I’m with Aemon, very entertaining!
Along with his question, how did you determine the speed at which an SCC would get repaired after being sabotaged?
I’m kind of hand waving the detection. It depends on if the system in inhabited or not, the number/type of ships, if they are expecting to find enemy ships, are the incoming ships specifically trying to avoid detection, etc. but it ranges between a 5% and 20% cumulative per day. And then I just roll to see when the detection occurs.
The speed of SSC repair depends on how much of the station is still there, and other factors but again is fairly arbitrary. The reconstruction of the destroyed SCCs is going to take several years.
I’m curious, how are you keeping track of all the various unit compositions and positions? Also, if I understand correctly, you created a script to handle ship construction at the various SCC’s, but how are you tracking interruptions in that process when performing ship repairs after the various battles?
I’m keeping track via a bunch of tables and lists on pages in OneNote. I just update it for each day of the timeline that passes. I do have a program that simulates the SCCs but once the battle started I just started tracking them manually. I had planned to add code to the program to handle it but never got around to it.
Where is FS58 on your black & white Extended Frontier Map? Unfortunately, I am unable to find it. You use it as a way point for both Saurian Ark ships (7 & 8) that reach Theseus. You even provide general info at 61.164 (see also 61.194).
On 61.217 you split PG Meteor, with a portion heading to FS26 (the future Solar Minor) to determine if sathar are pursuing the saurians and set up forward screen. Yet the saurians ships are not described as traversing FS26, they go straight to Theseus from FS58 (unless I missed something).
Should the PG Meteor path have been to FS58 instead of FS26? Is it possible Solar Minor was double labeled?
Unfortunately, I may have found a discrepancy in your ship accounting for PG Liberty. From the timeline (my comments will be in brackets ):
61.217 – PG Meteor split into 2 groups; 1st group (1 FF; 4 AS) keeps PG Meteor designation (see 61.222); 2nd group (1 FF; 2 AS) becomes PG Lancet [By my understanding PG Lancet are the Flying Cloud, K’Riss, and Doboru to match SFKH4]
61.236 – Events of SFKH4 – PG Lancet absorbs other ships (1 FF (UPFS Flying Cloud); 3 AS (CMS Osprey; UPFS K’Riss; UPFS Doboru); UPFS Eleanor Moraes; UPFS Backdoor (Scout ship)) [You do not describe the UPF as losing any ships during these events.]
61.247 – CMS Osprey detached and heads home [PG Lancet now composed of 1 FF (Flying Cloud); 2 AS (K’Riss and Doboru); Eleanor Moraes; and Backdoor]
61.249 – PG Liberty (1 FF; 1 AS) created and heads to Liberty (FS30) [Using the news blurb for the Battle of Liberty (see 61.362) this would be the Singing River and either the Dirk or Heron; one of the 2 names being unaccounted for. A simple solution is to replace either K’Riss or Doboru with the unused name or change the news blurb of the battle.]
61.266 – PG Liberty and PG Lancet meet and regroup [This is where I think the ship count got confused. In your description you only indicate the transfer of 1 AS to PG Liberty instead of the 2 attached to PG Lancet. So 1 AS is unaccounted for. If intention was for it to return with PG Lancet, then only need to up AS count of wherever it returned to. If intention was for both to be transferred to PG Liberty, then PG Liberty would be made up of 1 FF (Singing River) and 3 AS (exact names dependent on answer to previous comment), and would increase PG Liberty AS count in entry 62.075 from 1 to 2. Also if both were to be transferred, the Battle of Liberty (see 61.362) is not necessarily affected; the extra AS could have been on patrol opposite side of system, down for repairs, held in reserve, or some combination.]