This was a busy month in the timeline. There are a number of threads that all piled up on each other. The Dramune Run (SFKH1) is nearing completion, the Mutiny on the Elanor Moraes (SFKH2) occurs, the HSS History’s Hope continues it’s journey, the sathar make their final push on the saurian worlds to eliminate them, and we see the completion of the first ships for the new Strike Force Meteor come out of the shipyards.
In some cases, I had six different events on a single day. That definitely wasn’t planned. If I was really planning this out all in advance and not just doing it a bit at a time, I probably would have spread some of these things out differently. But, given the way I add in events and work out their consequences, this is how they fell out and it probably is more organic and accurate that way anyway. Sometimes events all pile up on each other.
It was also a tough month on the posting side. Because there were so many intertwined and detailed events happening, I had to make sure I wasn’t missing anything and so got behind in writing the updates and getting them posted. If you’re following along on Twitter, you would have noticed that there were large gaps of no daily posts followed by floods of posts over several days as I worked on getting caught up.
In any case, we made it through the month. Here are the events happening in the Frontier over the last 31 days.
|61.142||The last shipment delivered by Obar Enterprises to Triad (Cassidine), a shipment of rubies from Pale (Truane’s Star), triggered a flag in a resource tracking system on Triad due to the speed of the high profile delivery. It is flagged for future investigation.|
|61.143||The UPFS Eleanor Moraes successfully arrives in the Waller Nexus system and begins scanning the system for planets.|
|61.144||The Gullwind successfully jumps into the Cassidine system and begins deceleration toward Triad station.|
|61.145||Strike Force Nova leaves Cassidine and begins accelerating for a jump to the Dramune system.|
|61.146||– Calculations nearly complete, the HSS History’s Hope begins accelerating for a jump to YS06. If successful, this will complete the jump route between YS06 and YS05.|
– Initial scans by the UPFS Eleanor Moraes detects a potentially habitable planet orbiting Waller Nexus. An atmoprobe is launched toward the planet. They adjust their deceleration vector to take them into orbit around the planet which they dub Mahg Mar.
|61.147||– After scanning the OFS179 system for 20 days, the 7th Saurian ark ship has identified all the planets near the star and none are suitable for colonization. They begin working on jump calculations to their next system.|
– Results of the atmoprobe sent to Mahg Mar indicate that the atmosphere is breathable but contains trace toxins. Breathing masks will be required at all time when outside on the surface.
– The 8th Saurian Ark Ship is completed. With sathar ships in the system and suspecting that the ships that razed Rock (Sessar) will be joining them, the shakedown cruise is skipped and loading begins immediately.
|61.148||– Arriving at Triad station (Cassidine), the crew of the Gullwind replenish supplies and spend a day decompressing from their recent encounters before making the final leg of their trip to Inner Reach (Dramune).|
– Having confirmed the destruction of the saurians on Rock, the Sathar fleet in the Sessar system begins accelerating toward the Sauria system to join with the other fleet there.
|61.149||– The UPFS Eleanor Moraes settles into orbit around Mahg Mar and begins preparation for landing on the surface of the planet.|
– Fearing that this might be the last Ark Ship launched, the Saurians move all of the remaining cultural artifacts that were planned to be spread out across the remaining 12 Ark Ships under construction to this one. All resources are dedicated to getting this ship underway before the expected sathar attack occurs.
– The Gullwind leaves Triad station (Cassidine) and begins accelerating for the final jump back to Dramune.
|61.150||– The HSS History’s Hope successfully jumps to the YS06 system and begins decelerating while planning their next jump.|
– A day out from Triad station, the Gullwind is intercepted by an assault scout, the MESS Maltharia. In the ensuing battle, the assault scout is damaged but takes out the Gullwind’s engines. It disengages, leaving the freighter adrift. (SFKH1)
|61.151||– The first two ships for the new Strike Force Meteor emerge from the Pan Galactic shipyards orbiting Gran Quivera (Prenglar). They depart to Morgaine’s World (Prenglar) to begin exercises with elements of Task Force Prenglar.|
– Unable to repair the engines outside a spacedock, the crew of the Gullwind call back to Triad for assistance. The UPFS Melinda McCoy (destroyer) and UPFS Dirk (assault scout) respond to their mayday. (SFKH1)
– After hearing the Gullwind’s crew’s story, the Melinda McCoy’s captain, Commodre Klat-tic M’tal, a vrusk, arranges a tug to take them back to Triad. He also radios ahead to SF Nova, current decelerating toward Inner Reach (Drammune) with the story. (SFKH1)
|61.152||– After three days in orbit generating a preliminary map of Mahg Mar’s surface, the crew of the UPFS Eleanor Moraes selects a preliminary landing site and the ship descends to the planet’s surface. Work begins immediately on overhauling the ship’s engines.|
– The HSS History’s Hope begins accelerating for the jump to their next target system, a binary M dwarf system 7 light years away.
|61.153||– The sathar attack fleet from Sessar arrives in the Sauria system. The remains of the sathar fleet still in the system begin accelerating toward Kischen, the saurian homeworld. The Battle Rays tailing this fleet radio the news home and begin accelerating home as well.|
– The Gullwind arrives back at the CDC shipyards around Triad. Luckily there is room available in the shipyard and the Gullwind is immediately admitted for repairs.
|61.154||– Calculations complete, the Saurian ark ship begins accelerating for their jump to the FS58 system, an F3 start, probably too hot for them but more likely than the M0 star they are currently at.|
– Strike Force Nova arrives at Inner Reach (Dramune), they only spend a day at the station before continuing on to Fromeltar.
|61.155||– The decelerating fleet from Sessar is detected by the saurian forces, three days away from the planet.|
– Fully repaired, and short on cash, the Gullwind departs the CDC shipyards and once again begins accelerating toward Dramune. (SFKH1)
|61.156||– Overhaul of the first engine complete, the captain of the UPFS Eleanor Moraes, Winston Marlboro, authorizes an initial scouting expedition to survey the surrounding area. Preparations begin for an expedition that will leave in the morning. (SFKH2)|
– After a day of acceleration, the crew of the Gullwind have noticed that they have a shadow, a pair of ships following their course but always remaining just at the edge of radar range. They suspect it is the UPF Melinda McCoy and Dirk but cannnot confirm this. (SFKH1)
|61.157||– With the sathar fleet less than a day away, loading of the last Ark Ship is aborted with only 90% of the material goods and 50% of passengers loaded. The ship departs Kischen with a small military escort and heads toward the Precipice system, the last remaining saurian system.|
– A small detachment of the sathar fleet breaks off from decelerating and begins accelerating in an attempt to catch the departing ark ship.
– The HSS History’s Hope successfully completes the jump to the new system, which they designate as YS07. Decelerations commences as they prepare to plot the return leg of the jump.
– Shortly after Captain Marlboro, along with most of the ship’s crew, departs to begin surveying the surrounding area via airship, Bill Terry, first officer of the Eleanor Moraes, turns on the remaining crew and stuns or otherwise incapacitates them, taking over the ship. (SFKH2)
– With the ship secure, Terry remotely orders the survey robot accompanying the airship to attack and destroy the airship. The captain is injured as is the chief engineer. After a brief message from Terry explaining that he is abandoning them on the planet, he cuts all communications between the survey party and the ship. (SFKH2)
– Salvaging what equipment they can, the uninjured members of the survey party are ordered by Captain Marlboro to take the survey robot and proceed overland to recapture the Eleanor Moraes. There is still 45 hours of work to do on the ship’s engines before Terry can leave so they must hurry. (SFKH2)
|61.158||– Battle of Kischen – The remaining saurian forces engage the attacking sathar vessels. After hours of battle, the saurian forces are destroyed but the sathar vessels are similarly devastated. |
– The remaining sathar forces around Kischen begin bombarding the planet, paying particular attention to heavily industrialized areas. The remaining ark ships under constructions are destroyed.
– Three days out from Inner Reach, a small group of ships breaks off from SF Nova and begin decelerating back toward the inner system.
– The crew of the Eleanor Moraes continues their travel back toward the ship. Bill Terry uses some of the survey robots remaining at the ship to attempt to ambush the party while en route but they manage to defeat both of his attempts and overcome the natural obstacles in their way. (SFKH2)
|61.159||– The 7th saurian Ark Ship successfully jumps to the FS58 system. They begin decelerating and scanning for planets.|
– Strike Force Nova makes the jump to the Fromeltar system and begins decelerating toward Terledrom.
– Realizing that he won’t get the engine overhaul completed before the rest of the crew arrives, Bill Terry begins preparing the Eleanor Moraes for liftoff anyway. (SFKH2)
– The Eleanor Moraes crew arrives at the ship before Terry is ready to lift off. Breaching the defenses he has put in place they gain access to the ship. In a tense standoff on the bridge, the crew convinces Terry to surrender. (SFKH2)
|61.160||– The Gullwind makes the jump to the Dramune system and begins decelerating toward Inner Reach. Almost immediately, their shadow reappears and hail the Gullwind, identifying themselves as the Melinda McCoy and the Dirk. They begin decelerating with the Gullwind, slowly closing the gap between the ships. (SFKH1)|
– With the ship secured, and the captain and chief engineer recovered from the airship crash site, the crew of the UPFS Eleanor Moraes send a subspace message back to Theseus informing the Frontier Expeditionary Force HQ of the recent events and their status. (SFKH2)
|61.161||– The last saurian Ark Ship successfully jumps to the Precipice system. They immediately radio ahead to the outpost there to prepare for a full evacuation as they begin decelerating toward the planet Edge. The sathar ships pursuing them return to the main force orbiting Kischen.|
– Two assault scouts, part of the new Strike Force Meteor, are completed at the Triad starship construction center. The UPF crew takes command of the vessels and begin accelerating for a jump to Prenglar.
– The UPFS Eleanor Moraes receives a response from the FEF HQ that the CMS Osprey is being dispatched from White Light with material and personnel to effect repairs. The Moraes crew is to continue their primary mission of surveying the planet until the Osprey arrives in 28 days. (SFKH2)
|61.162||– Deceleration complete, the HSS History’s Hope begins accelerating for the jump back to YS06.|
– After two days of deceleration, just as they are approaching the orbit of Outer Reach, the Gullwind and it’s escorts are enveloped by a powerful jamming field preventing all communications. They are assaulted by 9 vessels (3 frigates, 2 corvettes, & 4 assault scouts) that include the Outer Reach militia. (SFKH1)
– After a brief but intense battle, the UPF vessels are destroyed and the Gullwind is disabled and taken in tow. The Gullwind and UPF ships manage to destroy one of the corvettes and an Outer Reach militia assault scout as well as severely damage one of the frigates. While under tow, the jamming field is maintained to prevent communication. (SFKH1)
|61.163||– Strike Force Nova arrives in orbit around Terledrom (Fromeltar). They will remain in the system for 16 days while it waits for the ships detached in the Dramune system to catch up.|
– The CMS Osprey begins accelerating for Theseus and the first leg of their mission to rescue the UPFS Eleanor Moraes. (SFKH3)
|61.164||– Now slowed in the inner system, the 7th saurian Ark Ship discovers a habitable planet. However, due to the intensity of the star (F3 vs their native G8), the high gravity (1.5g) and slow rotation (40 hours), they deem the planet unsuitable. Preparations are made to depart the system.|
– The Gullwind arrives at Darkworld station, home the Malthar who orchestrated their capture. The crew is overwhelmed my the Malthar’s robots when whey refuse to leave the ship.
|61.165||– The 7th saurian Ark Ship begins accelerating for their next jump which will take them to the Theseus system.|
– Having destroyed all visible traces of the saurian population on the planet Kischen, the sathar fleet begins accelerating toward the Precipice system.
|61.166||The 8th saurian Ark Ship arrives in orbit around the planet Edge (Precipice) and immediately deploys shuttles to start loading the population.|
|61.167||The HSS History’s Hope successfully jumps back to YS06 completely charting the route between the two systems. They relay the jump data back to their home foundation on Histran via subspace radio and begin the return journey back to YS07.|
|61.168||After incorporating lessons learned from the false start and several weeks of successful operations, Synthcorp’s “Muffin Button” is declared a success and begins to roll out in other locations on Inner Reach.|
|61.169||With the population and as many supplies as possible loaded from Edge, the 8th saurian arkship begins accelerating out of the Precipice system. They decide to follow the general direction of the 7th Ark ship and begin accelerating toward OFS191.|
|61.170||– The two new UPF assault scouts arrive at Morgaine’s World (Prenglar) and join up with their sister ships exercising with Task Force Prenglar.|
– The 7th saurian Ark Ship successfully jumps into the Theseus system where they immediately detect radio signals from the inhabitants and ships in the system.
– Vectoring their deceleration to stop deep in the outer system, the saurians begin studying the signals coming from the inner system. They are not detected by the system’s inhabitants.
– The sathar ships make the jump to the Precipice system. They detect the saurian ark ship beginning its acceleration out of the system. Several ships are detached at high speed to try to intercept it.
|61.171||The CMS Osprey arrives at Minotaur station (Theseus) where they are briefed on all the details available about their jump route and the Moraes crew and status. They take on additional supplies for the stricken ship. (SFKH3)|
|61.172||Two more assault scouts, destined to be part of Strike Force Meteor, are completed at the Streel shipyards orbiting Pale (Truane’s Star). The UPF crews take possession of the ships and begin accelerating for a jump to Dixon’s Star and then to Prenglar.|
And here’s the full timeline to download.
One thought on “Detailed Frontier Timeline – FY61.142 to FY61.172”