This was a rough month for getting the timeline posts out on Twitter. I was doing good and had them all scheduled up through my vacation, but then when I got back, completely dropped the ball for the rest of the month. Mainly do to being swamped by dealing with the loss of my truck and getting it replaced. In fact, I’m still getting caught up and some of the events in this post won’t make it up until later today.
This was another busy month in the timeline with several threads overlapping including the completion of the Dramune Run and Mutiny on the Eleanor Moraes module events, and the beginning of the Face of the Enemy module events. Additionally, the last saurian Ark Ships leaves their home system and the saurians make contact with the Frontier.
Here’s the events of the last month:
|61.173||– The Osprey departs Minotaur (Theseus) for their jump to the Padda system.|
– The sathar vessels overtake the 8th Ark Ship just hours before it is ready to jump. The escort vessels, combined with the defenses of the Ark Ship, put up a heroic defense.
– The escort vessels sacrifice themselves to ensure the escape of the Ark Ship and manage to damage the pursuing sathar vessels enough that the Ark Ship, while severely damaged itself, can escape their pursuers and slip alone into the Void. They arrive safely in OFS191.
|61.174||– Decelerating toward the inner regions of the OFS191 system, the 8th saurian Ark Ship begins scanning the binary star system. |
– After being sedated and interrogated for 10 days, the crew of the Gullwind is taken to meet with the Malthar. On the return to their cells, their guards are set upon by chukkahs running free in the station. They escape to the docking bay where the Gullwind is being held. (SFKH1)
– Next to the Gullwind’s bay, the crew discovers a room with cages of imprisoned chukkahs and transport containers for them. Loading as many as they can into the transport containers and on to the Gullwind, they then depart the station just as a swarm of combat robots attack the ship. (SFKH1)
– As the Gullwind departs Darkworld station, the Malthar’s ships pursue and attempt to destroy the vessel. The fight is quickly joined by both the Inner Reach militia and the elements of Strike Force Nova (LC, 2xFF, 4xAS) in the system. (SFKH1)
– With the Spacefleet ships quickly turning the tide of the battle, the pirate and Outer Reach militia ships scatter. The Third Dramune War is over. (SFKH1)
|61.175||– Arriving at Inner Reach, the crew of the Gullwind give a full report to the Inner Reach Government and Spacefleet on their discovery and the events of the Dramune Run. The crew discovers that Garlus left the Gullwind to them in his will.|
– After a quick resupply, the element of SF Nova that survived the battle depart for the Fromeltar system to rejoin the Strike Force.
|61.176||– Just a few hours before making the jump to the Padda system, the CMS Osprey detects unknown radio signals in the outer system. The ship’s energy sensors confirm several faint sources in the same direction. They have passed close to the saurian Ark Ship and its escorts and detected some intership communications.|
– The CMS Osprey attempts to contact the unknown radio source but receives no response. They radio the contact back to Minotuar and continue on their way to the Padda system.
– After analyzing the report from the CMS Osprey, the destroyer, frigate, and two assault scouts of the Theseus milita begin boosting toward the location of the contact.
|61.177||– The HSS History’s hope arrives back in the YS07 system and begins deceleration. Unfortunately, all jumps forward from here are 10-12 light years long. The team begins weighing which of the five systems would make the most sense for progress beyond it.|
– The CMS Osprey successfully jumps to the Padda system. They immediately begin working on the jump calculations to the Waller Nexus system while not slowing down, only angling their vector toward that system.
– The saurians detect the militia ships traveling toward them. Given their analysis of the radio signals collected so far from the system and the CMS Osprey, they believe the species living here are not allied with the Sathar and decide to risk communication.
|61.178||– With the militia ships only a day away and now decelerating toward their location, the saurians open communications, attempting to contact the approaching ships. The Theseus militia receives the communication attempt and responds in kind. They also notify Minotaur of the development.|
– While initial communication between the saurians and UPF is difficult, both due to the long light delay as the signals travel between the ships, and the lack of a common language, progress is made as the distance between the ships decrease and the saurians’ computers translate Pan-Gal into saurian.
|61.179||– The Theseus militia ships arrive at the location of the saurian Ark Ship and its escorts. They are impressed by the design of the saurian Battle Rays and the sheer size of the Ark Ship itself. |
– Rudimentary communications between the saurians and Frontier races are established and the story of the saurians’ flight are related to the crews of the UPF ships. This information is relayed back to Minotaur.
– The Minotaur government notifies the UPF Council of Worlds via subspace radio of the detection of the saurian vessels and their contact with them.
– The detachment of SF Nova arrives in the Fromeltar system from Dramune. The remainder of the Strike Force beings accelerating for a jump to the Kizk-Kar system.
|61.180||– Having found no suitable planets in the OFS191 system, the 8th saurian Ark Ship begins accelerating for a jump to the OFS179 system.|
– The Council of Worlds temporarily suspends all other deliberations to discuss and debate what to do about the saurians.
|61.181||– Having picked a system as their next target, and with deceleration complete, the crew of the HSS History’s Hope begin work on jump calculations for the next leg of their journey, a M5 dwarf 12 light years away.|
– The detached ships from SF Nova rejoin the main group as it accelerates toward Kisk-Kar.
|61.182||– Calculations complete, the CMS Osprey jumps into the Waller Nexus system and begins decelerating toward Mahg Mar. They radio the UPFS Eleanor Moraes to establish communication with the downed ship.|
– The UPFS Elanor Moraes responds to the hail from the CMS Osprey and transmit the survey data they have collected along with coordinates for the Osprey to find the Moraes.
|61.183||As the Council of Worlds continue discussion, the Minotuar (Theseus) government, under pressure from many of the citizens of their world, invite the saurians to bring their ships into the inner system.|
|61.184||– While working on jump calculations and surveying the YS07 system, the radar system on the HSS History’s Hope suddenly stops working.|
– As the engineers begin to work on HSS History’s Hope’s radar, they realized that they have been out so long that they have missed their annual maintenance. They discover several other systems that may cause problems in the future.
– With it being about 100 days to make a high speed transit, perform the maintenance, and return to their current location, the HSS History’s Hope crew must decide if they should return or press forward with an increased chance of breakdowns in future jumps.
|61.185||– After two days of internal debate, the saurians begin accelerating toward Minotaur, escorted by the militia ships.|
– The 8th saurian Ark Ship successfully jumps to the OSF179 system. The immediately detect a beacon left by the 7th ark ship indicating that the system had been surveyed but nothing suitable found. Deciding that the neutron star in OFS192 is a non-starter, they begin plotting a course to FS58 and shifting their vector for the jump.
|61.186||– After four days of deceleration, the Osprey settles into orbit around Mahg Mar (Waller Nexus). After a couple of orbits to orient their mapping systems, they locate the UPFS Elanor Moraes and descend to the planet’s surface, landing just a few hundred meters from the survey vessel.|
– With repairs still ongoing on the HSS History’s Hope’s radar system, the crew comes down on the side of caution and decide to return to Scree Fron for maintenance. The calculations for the jump forward are aborted and calculations are started to jump back to YS06.
|61.187||With the arrival of the CMS Osprey and the supplies it brought, the repairs on the UPFS Eleanor Moraes begin to progress much quicker. Captain Dentin takes command of the expedition and begins sending out the survey robots to scout the surrounding terrain.|
|61.188||– SF Nova arrives in orbit around Zit-kit In the Kisk-Kar system. They will remain here for 6 days.|
– The saurian ships settle into orbit around Minotaur (Theseus). Constant holovid coverage has greatly increased the public interest in these strangely graceful ships.
|61.189||– The Theseus militia establishes a “no fly” zone around the saurian vessels to keep away all the curious onlookers attempting to visit and observe the ship up close in their small shuttles and private yachts.|
– Having discovered what appears to be some sort of village about 30 km away members of the Moraes crew are sent by Captain Dentin to investigate with the Osprey crew continues working on the repairs. (SFKH3)
|61.190||– The two newest assault scouts for SF Meteor arrive at Gollwin Station orbiting Morgaine’s World (Prenglar). They are debriefed and join with their fellow assault scouts and formed into Patrol Group Meteor until the capital ship complete construction.|
– About 3/4 of the way to the village the crew of the UPF Eleanor Moraes discover a strange, small vehicle containing the bodies of two dead sathar and what appears to be a small, functioning robot. They radio the find back to the Osprey which sends out another team to collect the vehicle. (SFKH3)
– With about 3 km left to the village, the Moraes crew reaches a tall cliff that their explorer cannot climb. They need to continue the rest of the way on foot. They camp at the base of the cliff for the night. (SFKH3)
|61.191||– The saurians agree to send an envoy to meet with members of the Minotaur government aboard Minotaur station. They request that the captains of the militia vessels they had met originally be present at the meeting.|
– Security is enhanced on Minotaur station in preparation for the historic first meeting with the Saurians. Several protest groups are dispersed that were threatening to become violent.
– As the crew of the UPFS Eleanor Moraes reach the top of the cliff, a strange, birdlike creature briefly emerges from the underbrush and then disappears again. The crew can see it crouching in the bushes and decide to wait to see what happens. (SFKH3)
– After a several minutes, the creature emerges again from the underbrush and begins trying to talk to the Moraes crew. Establishing some basic communication with the aid of a polyvox, the creature, Beet-Chest, begins leading them to his village. (SFKH3)
– Meeting with the village elders, the Moraes crew learn that the sathar had arrived on the planet about 3 months ago and 2 sathar attacked a party of the Notui (what the bird-like creatures call themselves) and were killed by the Notui. The crew spends the night in the village after reporting in.
|61.192||– Patrol Group Meteor is dispatched to White Light via Timeon.|
– The saurian delegation arrives at Minotaur stations. Large crowds line the passages hoping to catch a glimpse of the visitors, but they are quickly moved away from the crowds. After several hours of discussion, they return to their ships.
– Having determined the general direction of where the sathar’s ship landed (roughly in the same direction from the village as the UPFS Eleanor Moraes), the Moraes crew return to their ship to confer with Captain Dentin.
|61.193||– Calculation and course corrections complete, the 8th saurian Ark Ship jumps to the FS58 system. They again detect a beacon from the 7th Ark Ship and realize they are still following the previous ship.|
– Having completed jump calculations and gotten the radar system fixed, the HSS History’s Hope begins accelerating toward YS06, they plan to make a high speed transit back to Scree Fron spending only enough time in each system to overhaul engines and make jump calculations.
– The saurians of the 7th ark ship return to Minotaur station to continue their discussions with members of the UPF and Minotaur governments, returning once again to their ships at the end of the day. This continues for the next several days.
|61.194||– After much deliberation the saurians of the 8th Ark Ship decide that jumping through the nebula again (which would take them to the Tristkar system) would not be the best plan, and like the 7th Ark Ship before them, start plotting a jump to the Theseus system.|
– Strike Force Nova departs Zit-Kit (Kisk-Kar) for the K’aken-Kar system.
|61.195||After three days of detailed survey by the robots, no trace of the sathar ship can be found on land and Captain Dentin suspects that it landed in the water of the nearby river. The Moraes’ crew sets out to try to find some trace of it along the river.|
|61.196||A delegation from White Light, including Crown Princess Leotia Valentine Leotus, arrives at Minotaur station and joins the deliberations with the Saurians.|
|61.197||– Jump calculations complete, the 8th saurian Ark Ship begins accelerating toward the Theseus system.|
– After two days of careful search along the riverbanks, the Moraes crew discover a metal cable attached to a stake in the ground, partially buried in the sand, and extending out into the river. Investigation shows some sort of small craft submerged in the river at the other end of the cable.
|61.198||– HSS History’s Hope jumps into the YS06 system and begin immediately working on the engines and jump calculations for a jump to YS05.|
– Using spacesuits with improvised weight belts, the Moraes crew investigate the submerged vessel. It is a hull size 2 ship of sathar design never seen before. They locate the airlock at the other end of the cable but do not attempt to enter.
|61.199||Descending again to the sathar ship, the Moraes crew breach the security system on the airlock and enter the ship. Fighting through the ship’s defenses, they gain control of the ship with only minor damage to the ship and no serious injuries to the crew.|
|61.200||After a day of examining the sathar vessel, the Moraes crew discover what appears to be a sathar base of operations for the ship located in the FS30 system and astrogation data to get there. They send a report back to the Frontier Expeditionary Force HQ on Clarion.|
|61.201||PG Meteor arrives in orbit around Lossend (Timeon). They plan to spend two days here before continuing on to Clarion (White Light).|
|61.202||– The 8th saurian Ark ship successfully jumps into the Theseus system and immediately detect radio signals from the inner system. A few hours later they detect the 7th Ark Ship and establish communications.|
– The UFPS Eleanor Moraes and CMS Osprey receive orders from the Frontier Expeditionary Force commander to select a crew to man the sathar scout ship. The three ships are to jump to the FS30 system and attempt to capture the sathar base.
– PG Meteor’s time in Timeon is cut short and their orders are changed to proceed immediately to the Theseus system to support Frontier Expeditionary Force operation in the FS30 system. They leave immediately for the White Light system.
|61.203||– Strike Force Nova arrives at Ken’zah-Kit in the K’aken-Kar system. They will remain in this system for 18 days patrolling the outer system.|
– Engine overhauls and jump calculations complete, the HSS History’s Hope jumps back to they YS05 system and begins working on the jump to YS03.
And here’s the full timeline file: