Here comes the next installment of the detailed Frontier Timeline. The HSS History’s Hope is returning back home for it’s annual maintenance and gets waylaid, the UPFS Eleanor Moraes and CMS Osprey discover the sathar starship construction center in the FS30 system, and the Saurians start the process of settling into the Frontier.
We are drawing closer and closer to the launch of the sathar attack into the Frontier that will come to be known as the Second Sathar War. As I was starting to work ahead on that I realized that since back in mid April, I had forgotten to post the updates about the sathar ship construction and movement of sathar ships outside the Frontier. All of the craziness that result from COVID-19 resulted in me dropping the ball on these posts. The funny thing is, when I started this project nearly two years ago, these were the very posts and bits of information that I started the project to track. Seeing how the sathar moved ships around in preparation for and during the battle what the inspiration for the project in the first place. It’s kind of ironic that that is what I lost track of. The other stuff was just supposed to be filler around these posts, but these other threads seem to have taken on lives of their own.
I’ve gone back and fixed that error. In the final document at the bottom of the page, the posts (which start on FY61.068) that I missed posting to Twitter and in the monthly updates are highlighted in a blue font. I’ve assembled them into a separate table below so that you can see them all together if you don’t want to search for them in the document and see them in their context. These missed updates include almost all of the positioning of sathar forces before the commencement of the invasion. Going forward, things will be included as regular updates and posts and I won’t have to backfill.
I also realized, as I’m completing the events of the SFKH4 – The War Machine module, that in the time line, the Liberty System, which is the location of that adventure, is still unnamed and only known as FS30 on the star maps. So I’ve gone back through the document and changed all reference to the Liberty system to FS30. The name change actually occurs in the coming month and is an event that will be in the next update.
The Lost Events
|61.068||A new sathar starship construction center comes on-line and begins producing ships. This new center is located in a system “south” of Prenglar, OFS203. It is designated SCC#1.|
|61.081||Sathar SCC#2 (FS30) produces 6 fighters|
|61.096||Sathar SCC#2 (FS30) produces a destroyer|
|61.105||Sathar SCC#3 (OFS138) produces a frigate|
|61.116||Sathar SCC#4 (OFS111) produces a frigate|
|61.128||3 sathar ships (1 DD, 1 LC, 1 AC, designated transit group TG 1) depart SCC#5 (OFS19) and begin accelerating for a high-speed transit to SCC#4 (OFS111).|
|61.141||A destroyer is completed in the sathar SCC#3 (FS30)|
|61.146||The sathar SCC#4 (OFS111) completes 5 fighters.|
|61.148||The ships of sathar TG1 arrive at SCC#4 (OFS111). The destroyer remains in the system while the remaining ships are joined by 12 fighters (housed in the assault carrier) and another light cruiser. TG1 begins acceleration for a high-speed transit to SCC#3 (OFS 136).|
|61.150||A sathar frigate leaves SCC#4 (OFS111) and begins a high speed transit to SCC#5 (OFS019)|
|61.170||The sathar frigate arrives at SCC#5 (OFS019)|
|61.172||The ships of sathar TG1 arrive at SCC#3 (OFS136). They are joined by another assault carrier (with 8 fighters), 3 heavy cruisers, and 3 frigates. They depart immediately and begin accelerating for a high-speed transit to OFS167.|
|61.173||The Sathar battle fleet arrives in orbit around Edge (Precipice). They meet no resistance and begin bombing the planet.|
|61.175||Destruction of the saurian world Edge (Precipice) complete, the sathar battle fleet begins acceleration to return to the Sauria system.|
|61.180||Several sathar ships (1 AC, 1 HC, 1 LC, & 6 fighters, designated TG2) leave SCC#2 (FS30) and begin accelerating for a high-speed transit to new SCC#1 (OFS203).|
|61.182||The sathar SCC#5 (OFS019) completes a cutter and light cruiser.|
|61.184||The sathar fleet arrives back at Kischen (Sauria). They begin an aggressive patrol of the system looking for any survivors or other ships that escaped their initial attack.|
|61.186||The Sathar SCC#2 (FS30) completes a destroyer. It along with six others, depart the SCC and begin accelerating for a high-speed transit to OFS 167.|
|61.193||Sathar Transit Group 1 arrive in the inner system of OFS167. They begin patrolling the system and waiting for other ships to arrive.|
|61.194||– Sathar TG1 is reformed consisting of 1 AC (with 6 fighters), 1 HC, 1 LC, and 1 frigate. It departs OFS167 immediately for a high-speed transit to SCC#1 (OFS203)|
– A new transit group (TG3) is formed from the ships at OFS167. Consisting of 1 HC, 1 AC and 7 fighters, it begins accelerating for a high-speed transit to SCC#2 (FS30).
|61.200||Sathar Transit Group 2 (1 AC, 1 HC, 4 DD, & 8 fighters), arrive at the newly operating SCC#1 (OFS203)|
That covers everything I missed in months past. I missed a few events in this month’s activities as I was doing the Twitter posts but they will just be included in the regular update below. The events I missed posting on Twitter will be highlighted in italics.
The Regular Update
|61.204||After two days of preparation, the UPFS Eleanor Moraes, CMS Osprey, and the sathar scout ship (now named the UPFS Backdoor) lift off from Mahg Mar and begin accelerating toward the FS 30 system using the captured astrogation data. (SFKH4)|
|61.205||After over a week of deliberations, discussions, and subspace communications all of the Frontier, Princess Leotia of Clarions extends a formal invitation from her world to the Saurians to set up an initial settlement there.|
|61.206||– PG Meteor successfully jumps into the White Light system. They do not slow down but immediately begin calculations for the 10 light year jump to Theseus.|
– The second saurian Ark ships joins the first one in orbit around Minotaur and delegates from that ship join the discussions.
|61.207||– Two UPF Frigates slated for SF Meteor are completed in the Minotaur (Theseus) shipyards. They begin a short shakedown cruise while they wait for the arrive of the assault scouts in PG Meteor.|
– After two days of internal discussions, the saurians agree to send one of the ark ships to White Light for direct discussions about settling on Clarion, at least initially. Princess Leotia offers to accompany them personally on their vessel as a show of good faith.
|61.208||– The UPFS Eleanor Moraes, CMS Osprey, and UPFS Backdoor successfully jump into the FS30 system. They begin decelerating toward the location of the sathar base, codenamed Base Alpha. (SFKH4)|
– The first ship, a light cruiser, is completed at the new sathar SCC#1 (OFS203) south of Prenglar.
|61.209||– The HSS History’s Hope jumps into the YS03 system and begins work on the jump back to YS02.|
– Sathar Transit Group 3 arrives at SCC#2 (FS30)
|61.210||After 3 days of preparation, the 7th saurian Ark Ship leaves orbit around Minotaur and begins accelerating for a jump to the White Light system.|
|61.211||Jump calculations complete, PG Meteor jumps to the Theseus system and begins decelerating toward Minotaur.|
|61.212||– After four days of deceleration, the UPF ships approach the location of Base Alpha in the FS30 system. They realize that the base is a small assault carrier. Leaving the other ships behind, the captured sathar scout ship (UPFS Backdoor) approaches the carrier. (SFKH4)|
– The UPFS Backdoor is pulled in to a docking bay of the sathar carrier. After an intense battle through the decks of the sathar vessel, the crew manages to capture the ship and eject its engines before they can overload and destroy the vessel. (SFKH4)
|61.213||Several ships, independently dispatched by members of the True Yaziria society, arrive in YS01. They discover several Family of One vessels in the system patrolling for the eventual arrival of the HSS History’s Hope as it returns to the Frontier.|
|61.214||– The HSS History’s Hope jumps to the YS02 system arriving safely. They begin work to make the jump back to YS01.|
– The True Yaziria ships engage the Family of One ships destroying one, crippling another, and driving off the remaining two. The FoO ships are trailed until they jump out of the YS01 system.
– Four sathar fighters arrive from the inner system to investigate the explosions of the sathar carrier’s engines. A battle ensues between the CMS Osprey, UPF Eleanor Moraes, UPFS Backdoor, and the sathar fighters. The UPF forces win but the Moraes is severely damaged. (SFKH4)
|61.215||– The 7th saurian Ark Ship jumps into the White Light system and begins decelerating toward Clarion. Princess Leotia radios ahead to alert her father of their arrival.|
– PG Meteor arrives at Minotaur station, the assault scout crews are given two days of rest before they are given their next assignment. The two frigates join the assault scouts, and the ships are temporarily assigned to the Frontier Expeditionary Force under Commander Reider.
|61.216||After two days of engine overhauls and repairs, a small chemically propelled rocket approaches the UPF ships in the FS30 system. Capturing the rocket, they determine that it is a message requesting a meeting from some unknown group. They radio back to FEF headquarters. (SFKH4)|
|61.217||– The UPF forces in FS30 receive orders from Commander Reider to make contact with whomever sent the rocket and learn as much about the sathar in the system as possible. He is personally bringing reinforcements.|
– PG Meteor is split into two groups. One (a frigate and 4 AS) are sent to the FS26 system to see if any sathar ships were pursuing the saurians and establish a forward screen there. The other (a frigate and 2 AS), commanded by Commander Reider, depart for the trip to FS30.
– After completing preparations, the crew of the UPFS Eleanor Moraes depart for the rendezvous point indicated by the map in the rocket. (SFKH4)
|61.218||The full White Light Militia, sans the CMS Osprey, boost out from Clarion station to meet the saurian Ark Ship.|
– The sathar SCC#1 (OFS218) completes a frigate.
|61.219||– With everything ready to go, the crew of the HSS History’s Hope prepares to jump back to the YS01 system. They go on high alert as this is the system they were attacked in before and are worried that there will be trouble again.|
– Jumping in to the YS01 system, the crew of the HSS History’s Hope detect radio signals from several different ships. Initially concerned, they soon realize that these ships are there as escorts, not antagonists. Work begins on jump calculations as the ships in the inner system accelerate to join them.
– The Eleanor Moraes crew arrives at the rendezvous point, a small asteroid that has been hollowed out into a space station. After docking they meet with a new race, called the Mhemne. (SFKH4)
– Two sathar destroyers arrive at SCC#3 (OFS138) and join the forces there.
|61.220||– The 7th saurian Ark Ship, together with the White Light militia, settle into orbit around Clarion. Preparations are begun to send a delegation to the surface.|
– After a day of negotiations, the UPF forces and the Mhemne reach an agreement to work against the sathar in the system. They plan to slip to the surface of the planet (Snowball) and contact the resistance there and investigate the sathar factories on the surface. (SFKH4)
|61.221||– SF Nova prepares to depart the K’aken-Kar system and begins accelerating toward the K’tsa-Kar system.|
– UPF forces descend to the surface of Snowball (FS30). After fighting off a Sathar hovercraft, they make contact with the Mhemne resistance on the surface. (SFKH4)
– After consulting with Commander Reider, the UPF forces, assisted by the Mhemne resistance, begin a series of raids on the sathar factories on the surface of Snowball to disrupt sathar operations while they wait for PG Lancet to arrive in system. (SFKH4)
– Descending to the surface of Clarion (White Light), the saurian delegation are met by King Leotus and Princess Leotia as welcome guests. The next several days are spent in meetings, festivities, and other activities to introduce the saurians to the Clarion culture.
|61.222||– The larger portion of PG Meteor (retaining the PG Meteor designation) arrive in the FS26 system. They don’t detect any sathar signals but do detect the saurian beacon. They begin decelerating toward the inner system.|
– The smaller portion of PG Meteor, now designated PG Lancet, arrive in the Padda system. They begin calculations for a jump to the Waller Nexus system without slowing down.
|61.223||After two days of discussions, the saurian delegation, escorted by Princess Leotia, begin a multi-day tour of Clarion to look for sites where the saurians could set up a permanent settlement.|
|61.224||– Joined by the True Yaziria escort vessels, the HSS History’s Hope jumps to the OFS222 system. They immediately begin engine overhauls and plotting the next jump to OFS221.|
– The last sathar Transit Group, TG1, arrives at sathar SCC#1 (OFS203). All ships stand down and complete any maintenance needed after their recent maneuvers.
|61.225||After training the Mhemne resistance fighters, the combined UPF/Mhemne force make their first raid on a sathar factory. Catching the factory unprepared, they overwhelm the defenses and manage to capture one of the sathar shuttles. (SFKH4)|
|61.226||PG Meteor arrives in the inner system of FS26. The ships split up to begin exploring the planets there while remaining alert for sathar vessels.|
|61.227||– After completing engine overhauls and the astrogation calculations, PG Lancet jumps into the Waller Nexus system. The immediately begin work to jump to the FS30 system, again without slowing down.|
– Resting a day after their first assault, the UPF/Mhemne force on the surface of Snowball attack a second sathar factory. This fight proves to be a bit more challenging as the factory is on alert after the first attack. The factory is destroyed but the attacking forces are unable to capture another shuttle. (SFKH4)
|61.228||After 5 days of guided exploration, the saurians decide on a location in the southern hemisphere of Clarion that is about a quarter of the way around the planet from Valencia, Clarion’s capital. They return to their ships to begin preparations for establishing the settlement.|
|61.229||– After another day of rest, the UPF/Mhemne forces attack the third known sathar factory. This is the most vicious fight yet and the sathar forces intentionally destroy all the shuttles when it is apparent they will lose the fight. (SFKH4)|
– Strike Force Nova settles into orbit around Kwadl-Kik (K’tsa-Kar). They will remain here for only 2 days before continuing on to Clarion (White Light) to meet the saurians in that system.
– HSS History’s Hope and escorts jump to the neutron star system OFS221. While there was a hint of ship radio signals, it is lost in the natural radio noise from the pulsar. Work begins on engine overhauls and jump calculations for the trip to OFS224.
|61.230||After four days examining all the planets in the inner system of FS26, the ships of PG Meteor settle into orbit around one of the two habitable planet in the system to compare notes and prepare for a departure back to Theseus.|
|61.231||SF Nova departs Kwadl-Kik (K’tsa-Kar) for Clarion (White Light)|
|61.232||PG Lancet completes their preparations and jumps into the FS30 system. They begin decelerating toward the inner system and establish communications with the UPF forces there.|
|61.233||– After four days of searching, the UPF/Mhemne forces on Snowball find another sathar factory. After a bloody and desperate fight, the UPF/Mhemne forces gain control of the factory and manage to capture an additional shuttle before it can be destroyed by the sathar forces. (SFKH4)|
– One day before the ships are ready to jump to OFS224, the HSS History’s Hope and escorts are attacked by 3 unknown vessels (2 corvettes and a Lightspeed Lady class privateer). In the ensuing battle, two of the escorts are destroyed and the History’s Hope is damaged, but they manage to destroy the attackers
Here’s the full file with all the updates: