This month sees the conclusion of the Beyond the Frontier series of modules (SFKH2-4) with UPF forces driving out the sathar from the FS30 system which is named Liberty. They also destroy a sathar starship construction center which will cripple the sathar efforts in the Frontier in the coming conflict, the wheels of which are already turning.
Also this month, the HSS History’s Hope makes it back to Frontier space for some much needed maintenance and starts back out to hopefully completely their voyage of discovery and the Saurians begin to set up an initial settlement on Clarion in the White Light system.
The last day of the month sees additional sathar ships arriving at their forward posts in preparation for the coming conflict. Next month with see the sathar forces set in motion and the opening shots of the Second Sathar War. If you want to follow along as events unfold, remember that I post the daily updates on Twitter. These posts are just the monthly summaries. As the battles play out, I’ll be doing posts on the day they occur as I described in my State of the Frontier post a couple of days ago. You can see a sneak peek (if you haven’t already) of these battle posts in the Battle of Stenmar post from a couple of weeks ago. That battle actually occurs on day FY61.281 but I provided it early to get feedback on the format.
Here are the most recent events in the timeline.
|61.234||– Investigating the wreckage of the ships that attacked the HSS History’s Hope points to the involvement of the Family of One but the evidence is inconclusive. The ships repair what damage they can and resume preparations for the jump to OFS224.|
– On-board preparations complete, the first shuttle loads of materials for their new settlement depart the 7th saurian Ark Ship for the surface of Clarion.
– Within hours of their landing, protesters arrive at the saurian settlement site and attempt to disrupt the operations. However, the Clarion Royal Constabulary, already on-site to maintain order, quickly gets the situation under control.
|61.235||The HSS History’s Hope jumps to the OFS224 system on high alert. However, there is no indication of hostile forces and they begin preparation for the jump to Scree Fron.|
|61.236||– Two destroyers, slated to join Strike Force Meteor, are completed in the Hentz (Araks) shipyards. They begin a shakedown cruise to Prenglar via the Gruna Garu system.|
– Strike Force Nova jumps into the White Light System and begins decelerating toward Clarion.
– The UPF ships under Command Reider in the FS30 system initiate Operation Cracker to attack and draw off the sathar ships from the occupied Mhemne L4 station.
– The ensuing battle of Operation Cracker manages to destroy many the remaining sathar fighters in the system which seemed to have very poor pilots. The sathar LC and AC retreat to the strong defenses of the planet’s moon.
– Simultaneous with Operation Cracker, the CMS Osprey, UPFS Eleanor Moraes and the two captured sathar shuttles lift off from the surface of Snowball and approach the L4 station.
– Gaining access to the L4 station, the UPF/Mhemne forces wage a running battle with the sathar forces occupying the station in an attempt to capture it before the sathar can destroy the station and kill the inhabitants.
– Having successfully captured the L4 station, the UPF and Mhemne forces brace for a sathar counterattack.
– Instead of attacking, the sathar abandon their positions on Snowball’s moon, the planet’s surface, and head to the L5 station. All sathar installations are destroyed by nuclear blast. Surprisingly, the Mhemne installations and cities are not destroyed.
– After collecting fighters at the L5 station, the remaining ships begin accelerating for a jump out of the system. As they leave L5 station, the sathar ships under construction at the L5 station are destroyed by explosions.
– After waiting to ensure the sathar don’t double back, Commander Reider pursues the sathar vessels as they continue to accelerate. The sathar send their inexperienced fighters after the UPF ships which are destroyed in the ensuing fight. The UPF remain safely out of range of the sathar ships’ heavier weapons as they trail them out of the system.
– Sathar SCC#4 (OFS111) completes a frigate
|61.237||After a week of additional patrols in the FS26 system, PG Meteor begins acceleration for a jump back to the Theseus system.|
|61.238||Due to the scrutiny after the rubies deliver, Obar Enterprises takes some lower profile cargos for the next few runs on their secret jump route between Truane’s Star and Cassidine. While not as profitable as the last few runs, they still gross 1.365 million credits.|
|61.239||News of the events in the FS30 system leak to the public on Gran Quivera (Prenglar). The Frontier Peace Organization stage a protest outside the Council of Worlds building demanding a cease of hostilities against the sathar and a stop to Spacefleet expansion.|
|61.240||– The HSS History’s Hope and her remaining escorts jump in the Scree Fron system and begin decelerating to Hakosaur.|
– Strike Force Nova arrives at Clarion and settles into berths at Fortress Redoubt. They open communications with the commanders of the saurian vessels to arrange a meeting between the ship captains to discuss sathar tactics observed by both forces.
– The sathar HC and AC from FS30 jump into the OFS179 system, they maintain their high velocity and begin calculations for a jump to the OFS 168 system. Commander Reider turns his ships around to return to the inner system.
|61.241||Responding to the activities of the Frontier Peace Organization, the Anti-Satharian League stage a counter protest demanding even greater Spacefleet and Star Law funding. The two groups clash and the Port Loren police have to intervene to stop the fighting.|
|61.242||– The commanders of the Strike Force Nova vessels meet with their saurian counterparts. Over the next 6 days, they host each other on the various ships and stations and trade intelligence on the sathar.|
– While most of the information on the sathar flows from the saurians to the UPF, the recent experiences of the Discovery Squadron provide some information to flow the other direction
|61.243||After months of negotiations, the Consolidated Nebula Energy Group has signed on all the independent power distributors on Groth (Fromeltar) and many distributors on Terledrom (Fromeltar) and Inner Reach (Dramune). They continue to recruit others and begin sending delegates to other systems as well.|
|61.244||The HSS History’s Hope arrives back at Hakosaur and lands at the starship repair facility on the surface. While the ship goes in for maintenance, the crew take a much-deserved rest and spend time with their families.|
|61.245||The two UPF destroyers arrive at Hargut (Gruna Garu), while the rest of the crew takes a bit of shore leave, the astrogators get to work immediately on the calculations for the long jump to Prenglar.|
|61.246||– The sathar forces in the Sauria system, having finished the cleansing of that system, begin accelerating for a jump to the Tischen system, the first leg of a journey back to their base in OFS228, the site of another sathar starship construction center (SCC#10)|
– PG Meteor arrives back at Minotaur Station (Theseus). They transmit their findings in FS26 back to UPF Headquarters. The crews are given 3 days of shore leave.
– The sathar HC and AC from FS30 arrive in OFS168. They begin calculations for a jump to OFS167.
|61.247||– Initial jump calculations complete, the two UPF destroyers at Hargut (Gruna Garu) leave the station and begin accelerating for their jump to Prenglar.|
– Commander Reider arrives back at Snowball with PG Lancet. The CMS Osprey is released to return back to Clarion (White Light). It begins accelerating for a jump back to Waller Nexus.
|61.248||– Meetings with the saurians complete, Strike Force Nova departs Fortress Redoubt and begins accelerating for a jump to Madderly’s Star.|
– Calculations complete, the sathar HC and AC in OFS168 jump into the OFS167 system. The begin decelerating to join the other ships rendezvoused there.
|61.249||PG Meteor in split apart once more. 3 Assault scouts, keeping the PG Meteor designation, leave Minotaur station and begin accelerating for a jump to Clarion (White Light). The frigate and remaining assault scout, designated PG Liberty, start accelerating for a jump to Padda.|
|61.250||– The FS30 system, in consultation with the Mhemne population, is named the Liberty system in UPF records.|
– After over a year on patrol, PG Virgo departs the Kazak system to return to the Frontier. It will make a high-speed transit back to Pale (Truane’s Star).
|61.251||After a week of ship maintenance and crew leave, the HSS History’s Hope emerges from the starship repair facility with a clean bill of health. The crew prepares to depart once again into the Yazira sector to continue their voyage of discovery.|
|61.252||The CMS Osprey arrives in the Waller Nexus system. They maintain their high velocity and begin calculations for a jump to the Padda system.|
|61.253||Preparations complete, and fully restocked with food and fuel, the HSS History’s Hope, along with three other vessels acting as escorts, leave Hakosaur (Screen Fron) for a jump to OFS224. They plan to make another high-speed transit back to YS07 to continue their exploration.|
|61.254||PG Liberty arrives in the Padda system where they maintain their high velocity and begin calculations for a jump to the Waller Nexus system.|
|61.255||– Sathar SCC#3 (OFS138) completes a heavy cruiser and frigate. These are the last of the ships that will comprise the initial volley of what will come to be known as the Second Sathar War.|
– PG Virgo jumps into the Osak system and begins calculations for the jump to the Capella system.
|61.256||– The two destroyers designated as part of SF Meteor arrive at Gollwin Station (Morgaine’s World, Prenglar).|
– The CMS Osprey arrives in the Padda system and establishes contact with PG Liberty briefing them on the events in the Liberty system. They maintain their high velocity and begin calculations for a jump back to Theseus.
|61.257||SF Nova arrives at the new Fortress Kdikit (Kdikit, Madderly’s Star). They begin a series of maneuvers to fine tune the station’s tracking systems.|
|61.258||– PG Meteor arrives at Fortress Redoubt (Clarion, White Light). UPF High Command decides to station the patrol group there indefinitely while the remainder of the ships for the strike force are completed. They will assemble here as they are finished.|
– The SF Meteor destroyers are dispatched from Gollwin Academy (Morgaine’s World, Prenglar) with orders to join up with the other ships in White Light. They begin accelerating for a jump to Timeon.
– PG Liberty jump into the Waller Nexus system. They begin calculations for their final jump to the Liberty system.
– The CMS Osprey jumps into the Theseus system. Deciding to head straight home, they continue at high velocity across the system and begin calculations for the jump to White Light.
– The HSS History’s Hope and her escorts jump into the OFS224 system. They begin overhauling the ships’ engines and calculating their jump to OFS221.
|61.259||After several weeks of intensive work, the first saurian dwellings on Clarion (White Light) are completed and ready to be occupied. They just need the power generator to be finished.|
|61.260||PG Virgo jump into the Capella system and begins work for the jump back to the Zebulon system.|
|61.261||PG Liberty jumps into the Liberty system and begins decelerating toward Snowball.|
|61.262||The first power generator at the saurian settlement is completed and brought on-line. The construction crews can now move into permanent residences and begin working on expanding the settlement.|
|61.263||– The CMS Osprey jumps into the White Light system and begins decelerating toward Clarion and home.|
– The HSS History’s Hope and her escorts jump into the OFS221 system and begin work on jump calculations for the jump to OFS222 and work on overhauling the ships’ engines.
|61.264||A small fleet of sathar ships, consisting of 1 HC, 1 AC, 1 LC, 4 DD, 2 FF, and 8 fighters), designated Sathar Battle Fleet F1 (SBF-F1) arrive at SCC#5 (OFS019) from deeper in sathar controlled space.|
The full timeline for download: