This post is only a bit over a year late. These are the events that I posted to twitter back in February of 2021 just before I stopped blogging. I’m finally getting them online. I also plan on resuming the daily Twitter posts of the events. starting on day FY61.382. If you want to get the daily updates, follow the @StarFrontiers account on twitter or the #SFTimeline hashtag. If you want to review everything that has happened, or are new to this series of posts, you can grab the PDF file linked at the bottom of the post that contains every entry in the timeline since I started it. Its up to 81 pages so there’s a bit of reading there.
Also, depending on how things go generating the timeline, I might start posting events using the GST calendar of the Frontier. Which means you’ll get 36 Frontier days worth of events every 30 Earth days as the GST calendar only has 20 hours per day instead of our 24. We’ll see if that actually pans out.
The events in this post include the two battles I posted the detail of early last year which are linked in their appropriate entries. With the conclusion of the Battle of Liberty, the war cools down for a while. The sathar are currently out of ships at the moment although they have dozens under construction. Both sides are now maneuvering to reposition and rebuild forces. Otherwise, not much happening in this post outside of the war events.
|61.357||– Ten more pilots complete their fast-tracked certifications for the Frontier Fighter Corps. They immediately depart for Hentz (Araks).|
– SBF-J2 (Liberty system) begin calculations for a jump to the Waller Nexus system.Spacefleet holds the space in anticipation of more ships finishing and beginning construction on a new battleship.
|61.358||– Second Battle of Ken’zah-Kit (K’aken-Kar) – After nearly 2.5 hours of fighting TF Cassidine defeats SBF-J1 losing only a single fighter while the sathar only have a fighter and heavy cruiser surviving. Most of the UPF ships have damage requiring a shipyard to repair.|
– The surviving sathar heavy cruiser and fighter from SBF-J1 accelerate for a jump to the K’sta-Kar system.
– The damaged UPF destroyer completes repairs in the Streel shipyards (Pale, Truane’s Star) and the ship that was moved out to make room resumes construction (it will be done in 23 days).
– SBF-E2 jumps into the Zebulon system. It remains at high speed and begins calculations for jump to Kazak.
– A HS:8 ship completes maintenance in the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar). Spacefleet moves a couple of small ships in for maintenance to coordinate their completion with more ships finishing and beginning construction on a new battleship.
|61.359||– Calculations for the jump back to YS07 complete, the HSS History’s Hope begins accelerating for the jump while the astrogators get a day of rest before double checking the figures on the way out.|
– Sathar TG-1 jumps into the OFS136 system where SCC#3 is located as they continue on their journey to SCC#4 (OFS111)
– The battleship Admiral Dooltan and accompanying minelayer arrive at Zit-kit (Kisk-Kar) and join up with PG Meteor. With the addition of the battleship and minelayer, the fleet is now designated Task Force Meteor.
– After spending a day rearming, Task Force Cassidine splits up with the undamaged heavy and light cruiser, now designated Patrol Group Vigilant, departing in pursuit of the sathar heavy cruiser which is headed toward K’tsa-Kar.
– The main force of TF Cassidine, all needing time in a shipyard to fully repair, begin accelerating for a jump to the Kizk-Kar system and then on to Fromeltar. The Terledrom (Fromeltar) shipyard is notified that they will arrive on FY61.375 and begins making preparations to receive them.
– The Clarion (White Light) militia, at the request of Spacefleet, depart for a jump to K’sta-Kar to join up with PG Vigilant and patrol that system. The saurians send 3 of their 6 Battle Rays to assist.
|61.360||– Calculations complete, SBF-J2 (LC & FF) begin accelerating from the Liberty system for a jump to the Waller Nexus system. PG Liberty detects the departure almost immediately and subspace radio the intel back to Spacefleet.|
– Stationing 8 of the fighters at Fortress Pale as the first official squadron of the Frontier Fighter Corps, the second assault carrier currently with Strike Force Nova is designated as Shuttle Group Alpha and departs back to Triad (Cassidine) to start moving more fighters around the Frontier.
|61.361||– PG Liberty are authorized to engage the outbound SBF-J2 if conditions are favorable. Several Mhemne Belter ships offer to assist although their outdated engines mean that they will only be able to make a single pass at the sathar vessels. The ships all boost for intercept.|
– Four fighters are completed at the Hentz (Araks) shipyard. They are put into storage awaiting the arrival of the Spacefleet pilots. Construction beings on four more fighters.
– Two fighters are completed at the Minotaur (Theseus) shipyards for the Frontier Fighter Corps but are currently manned by the militia. Construction begins on two more fighters.
|61.362||– SBF-E2 jumps into the Kazak system and begins calculations for a jump to OFS019 and SCC#5.|
– Battle of Liberty – PG Liberty, augmented by Mhemne ships, engage the sathar in the outer system. The fight does not go well for the UPF who lose their frigate and an assault scout although they do manage to destroy the sathar frigate.
– After fighting the UPF in the Liberty system, the surviving sathar light cruiser of SBF-J2 continues on its course to jump to the Waller Nexus system.
|61.363||– CDC staff arrive back on Alcazzar (Rhianna) in anticipation of the new mining season. (SF4)|
– SBF-J1 jumps into the K’sta-Kar system. They remain at speed and begin calculations for a jump to FS33.
|61.364||– The HSS History’s Hope successfully jumps back into the YS07 jump completely charting that route. They begin decelerating to turn around and jump back to YS08 to continue their journey forward.|
– PG Vigilant and the Clarion militia both jump into the K’sta-Kar system from opposite directions. Keeping an eye on the retreating SBF-J1, they start deceleration toward Kwadl-Kit.
– TF Cassidine jumps into the Kizk-Kar system and begin calculations for the jump to Fromeltar. They transmit details of their recent battles to TF Meteor to share their experiences.
|61.365||– SBF-E2 jumps back into the OFS019 system and begins decelerating toward SCC#5.|
– SBF-J2 enters the Void and like the frigate before it, misjumps, this time ending up in the OFS196 system.
– Enough space has cleared in the CDC shipyard (Triad, Cassidine) to allow Spacefleet to begin construction on another battleship to replace one of the two lost in the Second Battle of New Pale.
|61.366||– SBF-J1 jumps into the FS33 system and begins calculations for a jump to OFS166.|
– Eight more fighters are completed at the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar) and shuttled to Gollwin Academy. Spacefleet delays the start of construction of more fighters as production of the ships is outpacing training of pilots and they want to use the space for construction of another battleship.
|61.367||– As OFS196 is a system in the sathar charts, being on the route to OFS203 and SCC#1, SBF-J2 determines it position after just two days. It decides to take the known route back to Liberty and try again.|
– Enough space opens up in the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar) for Spacefleet to begin construction on the second battleship to replace the second one lost in the Second Battle of New Pale.
|61.368||– The HSS History’s Hope arrives in the inner system of YS07 where they will rest for a day before they begin accelerating for the jump back to YS08.|
– Task Force Cassidine jumps into the Fromeltar system and begins a slow deceleration toward Terledrom and the shipyard there. They radio ahead that they are a few days early.
– Spacefleet resumes fighter construction in the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar) but only producing five at a time instead of eight. The other 3 HS worth of space is dedicated to constructing an assault scout. Additionally, 3 more assault scouts are started in the CDC shipyards (Triad, Cassidine).
|61.369||– PG Vigilant and the Clarion militia, together with the saurian battle rays, arrive in orbit around Kwadl-Kit (K’sta-Kar). They set up a patrol schedule to watch for new sathar threats.|
– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS166 system and begins calculations for a jump to OFS167.
– SG Alpha arrives back at the CDC shipyards (Triad, Cassidine). The fighters in storage are transferred to the carrier while they await the arrival of their pilots, scheduled to graduate from Gollwin Academy tomorrow.
|61.370||– SBF-E2 arrives back at SSC#5 (OFS019). The heavy cruiser under construction is moved out of the shipyard to make room for the damaged one to receive the necessary repairs.|
– Nine more pilots graduate in the accelerated cadet class at Gollwin Academy. They immediately depart to take command of the fighters currently sitting in storage at Triad (Cassidine).
|61.371||SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS167 system and begins calculations for a jump to OFS169.|
|61.372||An attempt to explode a bomb at the Council of Worlds building while the council is in session is foiled by Star Law agents and local law enforcement. Unfortunately, none of the perpetrators survived. An investigation is launched immediately to track down the origin of the plot.|
|61.373||TF Cassidine arrives in orbit around Terledrom. There is currently 6 HS of open space in the shipyard and the heavily damaged frigate and fighter are moved in for repairs.|
|61.374||– The HSS History’s Hope jumps back to the YS08 system. They begin decelerating and working on the jump calculations for the next system, a binary system 5 ly away.|
– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS169 system and begins calculations for a jump to the OFS170 system.
– The K’aken-Kar militia assault scout, also in OFS169, happens to detect the heavy cruiser just hours after it jumps into the system. Realizing they are in sathar controlled space, the ship goes into as stealthy a mode as possible to avoid detection as they monitor the sathar vessel.
– SBF-J2 jumps back into the Liberty system.
– The TF Cassidine fighter in the Terledrom (Fromeltar) shipyard competes its repairs. The space is held in reserve for the larger ships needing repairs.
|61.375||– Princess Leotia’s 35th birthday. Major celebrations are held all over Clarion (White Light) in commemoration of her coming of age. While her father had planned to step down and hand the government over to her during the ceremonies, this has been delayed due to the ongoing sathar conflict.|
– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS170 system and begins calculations for the final leg of their jump back to SSC#10 in the OFS228 system.
– PG Liberty detects the returning light cruiser and radios its presence back to Spacefleet.
– The damaged sathar heavy cruiser at SCC#5 (OFS019) completes repairs and construction is resumed on the new heavy cruiser.
|61.376||Three UPF fighters are completed at the Terledrom (Fromeltar) shipyards. They are transferred to Task Force Cassidine. The shipyard space is held in reserve to fit the larger ships needing repair.|
|61.377||– SBF-J1 jumps back into the OFS228 system and begins decelerating toward SSC#10|
– An assault scout is completed in the Outer Reach (Dramune) shipyards. It sets off immediately for the Fromeltar system to join TF Cassidine. Construction begins on a new assault scout.
|61.378||– SBF-J2 arrives back in orbit around Snowball. After rearming, it sets off once again to try to jump to the Waller Nexus system.|
– Calculations complete, the HSS History’s Hope begins accelerating to the next system on their route, which they designate as YS11.
– A UPF assault scout is completed at the CDC shipyards (Triad, Cassidine). This is the first of the replacement ships larger that a fighter to come out of the shipyards since the conflict began. 5 fighters are also completed and work begins on another AS and 5 fighters. The completed ships join SG Alpha.
– The first damaged frigate from TF Cassidine emerges from the shipyard at Terledrom (Fromeltar) fully repaired. The other frigate enters and work begins on it.
|61.379||– The Frontier Fighter Corps pilots arrive at Hentz (Araks) to take command of their fighters there. There is some initial tension between the UPF and militia forces as the latter do not want to turn over control of the ships.|
– The Spacefleet pilots arrive at Triad (Cassidine). They are immediately transferred to the carrier in SG Alpha where their ships are awaiting them. SG Alpha departs immediately for a jump to Dramune and then on to Fromeltar where the fighters are to be delivered.
– The Yazira Dome completes its second year of operation. With the on-going sathar conflict, travel has been curtailed and off-world yazirian visitors diminished but the Dome is still wildly popular with on-planet visitors.
– Detecting SBF-J2 outbound once again, PG Liberty sends a subspace message informing Spacefleet and continues to monitor the sathar ship.
– Calculations complete and checked, the HSS History’s Hope begins accelerating for the jump to the next system on their route, designated YS11.
|61.380||– Sathar TG-1 arrives at SCC#4 (OFS111), joining the other ships there.|
– After several back-and-forth communications, including a threat by Spacefleet to dispatch TF Prenglar to the Araks system to eliminate or take control of the militia, the Hentz militia turns over control of the Frontier Fighter Corps fighters to the UPF crews.
– The second damaged frigate from TF Cassidine completes repairs at the Terledrom (Fromeltar) shipyards. A new UPF assault scout, along with an assault scout for the local militia are also completed. This frees up enough space that TF Cassidine’s assault carrier can move in for repairs.
|61.381||TF Cassidine’s assault carrier completes repairs at the Terledrom (Fromeltar) shipyards. There is not enough free space to move the battleship in, but that space will free up in three days. With 30% of the shipyard empty, the work crews can each get a full day off to rest over the next few days.|
Full timeline file: