A new year and here’s the recap of the details happening in the Frontier over the past month.
The beginning of the month was the final battle of the initial sathar foray into the Frontier. There could have been a couple more but the sathar, being significantly outgunned, decided to fall back and retreat. Another sathar starship construction center joins the war effort and this month sees a lot of repositioning of ships as well as reclaiming control of the Liberty system. The sathar are getting ships into position for another major push in the coming month.
Early in the month, I started reporting all the movement of ships in and out of the UPF starship construction centers as Spacefleet took control of their operations. By mid-month, I realized that was a little much and scaled it back only reporting ships completed or started for Spacefleet and the militias. All the commercial construction and maintenance will not be mentioned.
|61.295||– The HSS History’s Hope safely arrives in YS06 and begin working on a jump to the YS07 system.|
– The CMS Osprey arrives back at Clarion and is quickly admitted into the shipyards for repair.
– TF Cassidine jumps into the K’aken-Kar system and begins decelerating toward Ken’zah-Kit. Once again they won’t make the initial engagement arriving a few days too late. However, they are determined to stop the sathar here if PG Meteor and the militia ships cannot.
– 15 HS of space opens in the CDC shipyards (Triad, Cassidine). Spacefleet starts construction on another light cruiser to finish filling the holes in their ranks and allows the Truane’s Star militia to begin construction of a final assault scout.
|61.296||– With the loss of the Liberty system, and the massive losses in the initial foray into the Frontier, sathar forces and production from SCC#10 are committed to war effort against the Frontier. This adds 9 fighters, 3 FF, 5 DD, 3 LC, 2 HC, and 2 AC to the sathar roster in addition to the SCC’s production capacity.|
– The CMS Osprey emerges from the Clarion shipyards fully repaired and ready for action once again. A small HS:4 yacht is moved in the SCC for maintenance.
– Battle of Ken’zah-Kit (K’aken-Kar) – The sathar obliterate the station with a single concentrated barrage but then are quickly destroyed by the combined UPF and militia forces. Besides the station, only a single militia assault scout was lost with damage to three other ships that will require time in a shipyard to repair.
– Sathar SCC#4 (OFS111) completes construction of a new frigate.
– Realizing that SF Nova will reach New Pale in time for the battle, and having a nearly 2:1 hull disadvantage against SF Nova, PG Virgo, and the remaining Truane’s Star militia, SBF-E2 reverse course and start plotting a jump back to Zebulon.
– 12 HS of space opens up in the CDC SCC (Triad, Cassidine). Construction is begun on two new assault scouts to replace those lost by the Kizk-Kar militia. The remaining space is given over to a HS:6 ship for annual maintenance.
– 22 HS of space opens up in the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar). With Spacefleet’s immediate needs being met, they move two HS:11 ships in for maintenance.
|61.297||– SF Nova arrives in orbit around New Pale. The crew spends the day resting from their hard trip as they watch the sathar begin to fall back. The remaining ships of PG Virgo are absorbed into the Strike Force.|
– The White Light militia jumps back to their home system and begins deceleration toward Clarion.
– The UPF minelayer jumps into the Fromeltar system and begins decelerating to join up with the militia forces holding that system.
– With the loss of SBF-C1 in the K’aken-Kar system, and recognizing that they are out gunned by the UPF forces there, SBF-B2 does not jump to K’aken-Kar but begins decelerating back toward Kawdl-Kit in the K’sta-Kar system.
– With its engines repaired, SF Nova’s assault carrier, together with its four surviving fighters, begin a high-speed jump to catch up with the main group. At the same time PG Virgo’s carrier, leaving its 3 fighters behind, begins a transit back to Prenglar.
– The newly constructed sathar frigate at SCC#4 (OFS111) begins a transit to SCC#5 (OFS019)
– SBF-J1 (1 AC, 1 HC, 2 LC, 1 DD, 1FF, & 8 fighters) departs SCC#10 and begins a high-speed transit that will eventually take it to K’sta-Kar.
– SBF-J2 (1 HC, 1 LC, 3 DD, 2 FF) departs SCC#10 and begins a high-speed transit to the Liberty system.
– 8 HS of space opens in the Hentz (Araks) SCC for a total of 9 HS of open space. A small HS:9 freighter is moved in for maintenance.
– SBF-E1 jumps back into the Kazak system. They do not slow down and start plotting a jump back to SSC#5 in the OFS019 system.
– An additional 13 HS of space opens in the Hentz (Araks) SCC. A HS 11 mining ship is moved in for annual maintenance.
|61.298||– After rearming the ships in the K’aken-Kar system, TF Cassidine and PG Meteor begin accelerating for a jump to the K’sta-Kar system to confront SBF-B2 or drive it out of the system.|
– The damaged ships (a frigate & assault scout from PG Meteor and the surviving K’aken-Kar assault scout), designated Repair Group (RG) One are ordered to Fromeltar for repairs. They begin accelerating for a jump to Kizk-Kar.
– 13 HS of space opens in the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar). A HS:12 ship is moved in for maintenance.
|61.299||A small group of 8 civilian privateer vessels, hailing from the yazirian worlds of the Frontier and calling themselves the Yazira Squadron, arrive in orbit around Morgaine’s World (Prenglar) and request permission to assist Starfleet in the fight against the sathar.|
|61.300||– The HSS History’s Hope arrives in the YS07 system and begins decelerating toward the inner system. Back at the last system explored, they plan to spend a few days resting here before starting to chart new routes toward their destination.|
– SBF-E2 jumps back into the Zebulon system and starts decelerating toward Volturnus.
– SBF-B2 settles back into a high orbit around Kawdl-Kit (K’sta-Kar).
– SBF-E1 jumps back into the OFS019 system and begins decelerating toward the starship construction center there for repairs.
– 8 HS of space opens in the PGC shipyards in Gran Quivera (for a total of 9 HS of space available). A HS:9 ship is moved in for maintenance.
|61.301||– Worried that since the sathar have a route into Prenglar they may also have one to Gruna Garu, Spacefleet sends the Yazira Squadron back to Gruna Garu to bolster the defenses there.|
– With the sathar mostly on the retreat at the moment, and based on the success of the fighters and assault scouts in the recent engagements, Spacefleet announces the creation of the Frontier Fighter Corps with a plan to station multiple squadrons of fighters in every system of the Frontier.
– As the first step of implementing the Frontier Fighter Corps, all currently available space in the Type I and II shipyards around the Frontier are used to start construction of new fighters. At the moment that means 2 are started in Hentz (Araks) and 2 in Minotaur (Theseus).
|61.302||– The White Light militia arrive back in orbit around Clarion.|
– The UPF minelayer arrives in orbit around Terledrom, joining up with the Fromeltar and Dramune militias.
– SF Nova’s Assault carrier jumps into the Dixon’s Star system and starts working on calculations for the jump to Truane’s Star. The carrier leaving PG Virgo also arrives in the system and starts working on calculations for the jump to Prenglar.
– The lone sathar frigate jumps into OFS110 and begins calculations for a jump to OFS022.
– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS170 system and begins calculations for a jump to OFS169.
– SBF-J2 jumps into the OFS177 system and begins calculations for a jump to the Dayzer system (OFS178).
– Sathar SCC#5 (OFS019) completes construction of a cutter.
|61.303||– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS169 system and begins calculations for a jump to the OFS167 system.|
– Task Force Cassidine and PG Meteor jump into the K’sta-Kar system and begin decelerating toward the sathar forces orbiting Kawdl-Kit.
– RG One arrives in the Kizk-Kar system and begin engine overhauls and plotting a jump to Fromeltar.
– 11 HS of space open up in the Triad (Cassidine) SSC. Work is begun on 11 fighters for the newly formed Frontier Fighter Corps. There are complaints that over half the SCC’s capacity are being used for Spacefleet but Spacefleet points out that some of that usage if for planetary militias as well.
– Deciding not to wait any longer, two HS:6 ships under construction in the Pale SCC (Truane’s Star) are moved out of the shipyard by Spacefleet to make room for the damaged light cruiser.
|61.304||– The crew of the HSS History’s Hope start working on the next jump in their journey to a small red dwarf star. It’s a long one, just under 12 light years long jumping a big void of stars in this region of space. They designate their target system YS08.|
– Detecting the inbound UPF forces, and recognizing that they are still outgunned, SBF-B2 decides to abandon K’tsa-Kar. They break orbit from Kawdl-Kit and begin accelerating to jump out of the system.
– 13 HS of space opens up in the Hentz (Araks) shipyard. Two HS:5 ships are moved in for maintenance and work begins on constructing 3 new fighters.
– 4 HS of space opens up in the Clarion (White Light) shipyard and a small HS:4 ship is moved in for maintenance.
– The sathar SCC#10 (OFS174) completes construction of a fighter.
|61.305||– SF Nova’s assault carrier jumps into the Truane’s Star system and begin deceleration toward the rest of the Strike Force.|
– The lone sathar frigate jumps into OFS022 and begins calculations for jump to OFS018.
– SBF-E1 arrives back at SCC#5 (OFS019) and is disbanded. The work halts on the heavy cruiser currently under construction and the damaged frigate and destroyer enter the shipyard for repairs.
– 6 HS of space opens up in the CDC SCC (Triad, Cassidine), with another 17 HS opening up tomorrow, the space is held to allow some larger ships to move in for maintenance.
– 9 HS of space opens in the Terledrom (Fromeltar) SCC. With RG One only a few days away, the space is held for those ships so that battle repairs can begin immediately when they arrive.
|61.306||– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS167 system and begins calculations for a jump to the OFS166 system.|
– SBF-J2 jumps into the Dayzer system (OFS178) and begins calculations for a jump to the OFS179 system.
– 11 HS of space opens in the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar). Spacefleet begins construction of 8 fighters and an assault scout using the available space.
|61.307||– The lone sathar frigate jumps into OFS018 and begins calculations for jump to OFS019.|
– The damaged sathar destroyer under repair at SCC#5 (OFS019) is finished and emerges from the shipyard ready for battle.
– SF Nova’s assault carrier arrives in orbit around Pale and rejoins the fleet. It collects the fighters left by PG Virgo as part of its compliment.
– The assault carrier from PG Virgo arrives back at Morgaine’s World (Prenglar). The crew is debriefed on their trip to the Rim and recent battle at New Pale (Truane’s Star).
– After four days of round-the-clock work by the engineers from the Pale SCC and SF Nova, the light cruiser emerges from the Streel shipyards fully repaired and ready for action. The two ships that were moved out to make room resume construction.
|61.308||– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS166 system. Upon arrival, their orders are changed, and they are ordered to proceed to SCC#3 (OFS138) instead of heading into K’tsa-Kar. They begin plotting a jump to OFS157.|
– RG One arrives in the Fromeltar system and begins deceleration toward the shipyards at Terledrom.
– Task Force Cassidine and PG Meteor arrive in orbit around Kawdl-Kit, much to the relief of the planet’s populace.
– The damaged sathar frigate under repair at SCC#5 (OFS019) is finished and emerges from the shipyard ready for battle. The damaged heavy cruiser is moved in to begin the extensive hull repairs it needs.
|61.309||– SBF-J2 jumps into the OFS179 system and begins calculations for a jump to the Liberty system (FS30).|
– SBF-B2 jumps into the FS33 system and begins decelerating.
– After two days rest, the assault carrier at Morgaine’s World (Prenglar) is ordered to Triad (Cassidine) to await completion of the first fighters for the Frontier Fighter Corps and then to shuttle them to the Kizk-Kar system. It is designated Shuttle Group (SG) Alpha.
– 18 HS of space opens in the Hentz (Araks) SCC. A HS 14 ship is moved In for maintenance. Another fighter is started for Spacefleet and the remaining space is held for an upcoming ship maintenance.
|61.310||– Jump calculations complete and verified, the HSS History’s Hop starts accelerating for the jump to YS08.|
– Yazira Squadron arrives back in the Gruna Garu system where they join up with the local militia to coordinate the defense of that system.
– Strike Force Nova, together with the remaining ships of the Pale militia, leave Fortress Pale and begin accelerating toward the Zebulon system to engage the sathar forces now orbiting Volturnus.
|61.311||– The lone sathar frigate jumps into OFS019 and begins decelerating toward SCC#5.|
– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS157 system and begin calculations for a jump to the OFS156 system.
– With the sathar apparently gone from the system, PG Meteor is ordered to the Kizk-Kar system where they will be supported by the fighters being delivered by SG Alpha and joined by their flagship, the battleship Admiral R’kazk’tar which will be completed in 33 days.
|61.312||SBF-J2 jumps into the Liberty system and begins decelerating toward Snowball.|
|61.313||– PG Liberty and the Mhemne belters detect the sathar ships that have arrived in the system. An alert is immediately sent out to Spacefleet alerting them of the sathar presence.|
– RG One arrives at the Terledrom shipyards (Fromeltar). The militia assault scout and UPF frigate are immediately moved into the shipyard to begin repairs.
– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS156 system and begins calculations for a jump to the OFS155 system.
|61.314||– SBF-B2 arrives in the inner system of FS33 where they await orders from the sathar high command.|
– Recognizing that they are no match for the inbound sathar forces, PG Liberty, with the assistance of the Mhemne belters, go into hiding in the Liberty system to watch the sathar’s movements. Evacuations begin immediately on the L4 and L5 stations.
– Receiving the alert from PG Liberty, the Theseus militia ships in the White Light system depart Fortress Redoubt and begin accelerating for a jump home.
|61.315||– The HSS History’s Hope successfully jumps into the YS08 system. They begin decelerating toward the inner system and working on engine overhauls.|
– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS155 system and begins calculations for a jump to OFS150.
– SF Nova and the Pale militia jump into the Zebulon system and begin decelerating toward Volturnus and the sathar forces.
– The K’akan-Kar militia assault scout completes its repairs in the Terledrom (Fromeltar) SCC. As it emerges the UPF assault scout is moved into its place.
|61.316||– The sathar frigate arrives at SCC#5 (OFS019) joining up with the other ships there.|
– SBF-J2 arrives in orbit around Snowball and finding the L4 station abandoned settle back into the berths there.
– Detecting SF Nova, SBF-E2 decides to avoid engagement and departs Volturnus and begins accelerating for a jump to the Kazak system.
– PG Meteor jumps into the K’aken-Kar system and begins working on calculations for the jump to Kizk-Kar.
– The UPF frigate and assault scout complete their repairs in the Terledrom shipyard and emerge once again ready for combat. A HS:6 ships is moved in for maintenance and Spacefleet begins construction of 3 fighters.
|61.317||RG One, now fully repaired, departs Terledrom for the Kizk-Kar system. The Spacefleet vessels will remain in that system to await the arrival of the rest of PG Meteor while the militia ship will return to its home system.|
|61.318||– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS156 system and begins calculations for a jump to the OFS146 system.|
– SG Alpha arrives in orbit around Triad (Cassidine) just in time to pick up the five fighters completed in the CDC shipyards. The fighters are taken aboard the assault carrier which prepares to depart for the Kizk-Kar system the next day. Construction begins on five more fighters.
– After two days in the Liberty system, with no indication of any UPF presence, the heavy cruiser and 3 destroyers of SBF-J2 split off (now SBF-J3) and begin accelerating for a jump back to OFS179 leaving the light cruiser and 2 frigates in the system.
|61.319||– Arriving at the inner system of YS08, the crew of the HSS History’s Hope begin working on calculations for the return jump to YS07.|
– Taking several days longer than expected, the damaged sathar heavy cruiser emerges from SCC#5 (OFS019) fully functional once again. The hull of the heavy cruiser whose work was paused is moved back into the shipyard to resume construction.
|61.320||– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS146 system and begins calculations for a jump to SCC#3 (OFS138).|
– SF Nova arrives and settles into orbit around Volturnus (Zebulon).
– PG Meteor arrives in the Kizk-Kar system and begins decelerating toward Zik-Kit.
– SBF-E3 (1 C, 1 FF, 1 DD, 1 HC) departs SCC#5 (OFS019) for a jump to Kazak to join up with SBF-E2.
|61.321||SBF-E2 jumps into the Kazak system and begins decelerating toward Stenmar.|
|61.322||– RG One arrives in the Kizk-Kar system and the Spacefleet vessels start decelerating toward Zik-Kit while the militia assault scouts remains at speed and prepares for a jump back to its home system of K’aken-Kar.|
– A fighter for the Frontier Fighter Corp is completed in the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar) and construction begins immediately on another.
|61.323||– The Theseus militia arrive back in orbit around Minotaur.|
– SG Alpha jumps into the Dramune system and begins calculations for a jump to Fromeltar.
– SBF-J3 jumps into the OFS179 system and begins calculations for a jump to the OFS168 system.
– One of the sathar frigates in the Liberty system begins accelerating out from the inner system and appears to be on a course to jump to the Waller Nexus system. It is designated EG-1. PG Meteor could intercept from their hiding place in 2 days.
– Detecting the outbound sathar frigate, PG Liberty notifies Spacefleet and are told to let it pass but take it out if it returns to the system.
|61.324||– SBF-J1 jumps into the OFS138 system and begins deceleration toward SCC#3.|
– PG Meteor arrives in orbit around Zik-Kit (Kizk-Kar).
– A UPF fighter is completed in the Terledrom (Fromeltar) shipyards and construction begins immediately on another.
|61.325||– Calculations complete, the HSS History’s Hope stars accelerating for the jump back to YS07.|
– SBF-E2 arrives in orbit around Stenmar (Kazak).
– SBF-E3 jumps into the Kazak system and begins decelerating toward Stenmar and SBF-E2.
Here’s the full timeline PDF for download: