This months sees the opening battles of the Second Sathar War. Maneuvers and engagement from this conflict overshadow nearly everything else happening in the Frontier as everyone watches the events unfold.
It is this conflict that I originally started this timeline to track so it will be heavily focused on the events of the battles and how the sides react for the next little while. Also things get really busy so there are a lot of entries every day this month. I think there are only 2 or 3 days that don’t have at least two entries and toward the end when the invasion starts, it’s rare to have a day with less than 5 or 6 entries. Links to battle reports on all the ship engagements are linked in the timeline.
On day 61.280, the arrivial of Strike Force Nova in the Prenglar system on the same day as the sathar fleet was pure coincidence. I had planned out the maneuvers of SF Nova separately from the sathar movements without consulting between the two. I was completely surprised when they ended up jumping in on the same day.
Settle in. This one is a bit of a read.
|61.265||– After eight days of exercises with the crews of Fortress Kdikit, SF Nova departs Kdikit (Madderly’s Star) for a jump to Triad (Cassidine).|
– PG Virgo arrives in the Zebulon system and begins work for the jump back to Pale (Truane’s Star).
|61.266||– Sathar Fleet SBF-C1 (1 HC, 1 LC, 2 DD, & 1 FF) departs SCC#3 (OFS138) and begin accelerating for a jump to the OFS137 system.|
– PG Liberty arrives at Snowball (Liberty) and joins up with PG Lancet. The assault scout in PG Lancet is transferred to PG Liberty, with the UPFS Flying Cloud (frigate), UPFS Eleanor Moraes, and UPF Backdoor (sathar scout ship) remaining attached to PG Lancet.
|61.267||– The SF Meteor destroyers arrive at Lossend (Timeon).|
– The CMS Osprey arrives back at Clarion. The ship is immediately put into the starship construction center for maintenance, repairs, and refits while the crew is given some much needed leave.
|61.268||– Sathar Fleet SBF-B1 (1 HC, 1 LC, 2 DD, & 1 FF) departs the rendezvous point in OFS167 and begins accelerating for a jump to the OFS166 system.|
– The HSS History’s Hope and escorts jump into the OFS222 system. They begin work on engine overhauls and jump calculations for the YS01 system.
|61.269||– The SF Meteor destroyers depart Lossend (Timeon) and begin accelerating for a jump to the White Light system.|
– After three days debriefing the commander of PG Liberty and introducing him to the Mhemne contacts, Captain Reider and PG Lancet depart Snowball (Liberty) for a jump back to the Waller Nexus system and a high speed transit to Minotaur (Theseus).
|61.270||– Sathar Fleet SBF-A1 (2 HC, 2AC, 1 LC, 4 DD, 2 FF & 14 fighters) departs SCC#1 (OFS203) and begin accelerating for a jump to the FS12 system.|
– PG Virgo arrives in the Truane’s Star system and begins decelerating toward Fortress Pale (Pale, Truane’s Star).
|61.271||-= Sathar Fleets SBF-E1 (1 HC, 1 LC, 2 DD, & 1 FF) and SBF-F1 depart SCC#5 (OFS019) and begin accelerating for a jump to the Kazak system in the Rim.|
– Sathar fleet SBF-C1 arrives in the OFS137 system. It maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to OFS136.
|61.272||– Sathar Fleet SBF-D1 (1 HC, 1 LC, 2 DD, & 1 FF) departs SCC#4 (OFS111) and begins accelerating for a jump to the OFS020 system.|
– The HSS History’s Hope and escorts jump into the YS01 system. They detect transmissions from several other ships in the system. Hoping to avoid a confrontation, they begin work on engine overhauls and jump calculations for the YS02 system.
|61.273||Sathar fleet SBF-B1 arrives in the OFS166 system. It maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to FS33.|
|61.274||– Sathar fleet SBF-C1 arrives in the OFS136 system. It maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to FS56.|
– Strike Force Nova arrives at Triad (Cassidine). They will spend just 2 days in the system exercising with Task Force Cassidine before heading back to Morgaine’s World (Prenglar).
– PG Lancet arrives in the Waller Nexus system. They immediately begin work on overhauling the ships’ engines and plotting a jump to Padda.
|61.275||– Sathar fleet SBF-A1 arrives in the FS12 system. It maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to Prenglar.|
– Another small fleet of sathar ships, consisting of 2 LC, 3 DD, & 1 FF, designated SBF-F2 arrive at SCC#5 (OFS019) from deeper in sathar controlled space.
– PG Virgo arrives at Fortress Pale (Pale, Truane’s Star). The crews are given a week of leave while the ships go into the starship construction center for repairs and maintenance.
|61.276||– Sathar fleets SBF-E1 and SBF-F1 arrive in the Kazak system. SBF-F1 begins decelerating toward the inner system to engage the Rim forces there. SBF-E1 maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to Zebulon.|
– Sathar fleet SBF-B1 arrives in the FS33 system. It maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to K’tsa-Kar.
– SF Nova leaves Triad (Cassidine) for a jump to Morgaine’s World (Prenglar)
|61.277||– Sathar fleet SBF-D1 arrives in the OFS020 system. It maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to Fromeltar.|
– Sathar fleet SBF-C1 arrives in the FS56 system. It maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to Kisk-Kar.
– The sathar fleet (SBF-F1) decelerating toward Stenmar (Kazak) are detected by Rim forces in the system (10 F, 3 AS, 2 FF, 2 DD, 1 LC), alerts go out to systems in the Rim and the Frontier.
– Just hours before the engine overhauls are complete and the HSS History’s Hope is ready to jump once again, the ship and her escorts are attacked by three unidentified vessels.
– A running battle ensues as the escorts attempt to screen the HSS History’s Hope long enough to make the jump. In the ensuing fight, one of the escort vessels is destroyed along with two of the attacking ships. The last attacker manages to get a hit in on the History’s Hopes engines but it is not enough to stop the ship and it slips into the Void.
– After the HSS History’s Hope jumps out of the YS01 system, the remaining escorts ships finish off the final attacker. After the fight, the escorts repair what damage they can and begin heading back to Scree Fron for repairs.
|61.278||– Now in the YS02 system, the crew of the HSS History’s Hope works on repairing the battle damage to their ship and preparing for the next leg of their journey, a jump to the YS03 system.|
– The 2 destroyers arrive at Fortress Redoubt (Clarion, White Light). They join with the other ships of PG Meteor which now consists of the two destroyers and 3 assault scouts.
– With the alert from the Kazak system, PG Virgo’s maintenance is fast tracked and the crews are recalled from leave after only 3 days.
|61.279||PG Lancet makes the jump to the Padda system. Work begins immediately on the engines and calculations for the jump to Minotaur (Theseus).|
|61.280||– Sathar battle fleets appear in five different Frontier system within hours of one another and most begin decelerating towards the inhabited worlds in those systems. SBF-A1 arrives in the Prenglar system, SBF-B1 arrives in K’tsa-Kar, SBF-C1 arrives in Kizk-Kar, SBF-D1 arrives in Fromeltar, and SBF-E1 arrives in Zebulon.|
– Unlike the other sathar fleets, SBF-E1 doesn’t slow down in Zebulon but prepares for a jump to the Truane’s Star system.
– Due to the alert sent out by forces in the Kazak system, these fleets are detected within hours of their arrival in system. Alerts are broadcast all across the Frontier.
– Task Force Cassidine, leaving its minelayer in the Cassidine system, departs on a high-speed risk jump to Dramune.
– PG Meteor is dispatched on a high risk run to reinforce the armed station at K’tsa-Kar as there is no militia in that system. The Clarion Royal Marines (1 FF, 4 AS) join PG Meteor.
– The two ZKKDA assault scouts, currently in K’aken-Kar also depart on a high risk run to the K’tsa-Kar system per the defense agreement.
– Both of the planetary militias of Dramune independently agree to make a high speed risk jump to the Fromeltar system to assist with the defense of that system, hoping to stop the sathar before they can get any further into the Frontier.
– Strike Force Nova arrives in the Prenglar system within hours of the sathar fleet appearing. They begin decelerating to engage the sathar fleet simultaneously with Task Force Prenglar.
– Sathar Fleet SBF-B2 (1 HC, 1 AC, 3 DD, 1 FF, 7 F) departs the rendezvous point in OFS167 and begins accelerating for a jump to the OFS166 system.
|61.281||– Battle of Stenmar (Kazak) between Rim forces (1 LC, 2 DD, 2FF, 3 AS, 10 F & 1 fortified station) and SBF-F1. The sathar forces are completely destroyed and the Rim only lose 1 LC, 2 DD, and 1 AS with the station severely damaged. Word of the victory is broadcast across the Rim and Frontier.|
– PG Lancet jumps back into the Theseus system and is dissolved. The UPFS Eleanor Moraes and UPFS Backdoor break off from the group and start decelerating toward Minotaur. The UPFS Flying Cloud remains at velocity and starts working on the jump to White Light.
– The last of the ships of PG Virgo emerge from their maintenance in the Streel shipyards (Pale, Truane’s Star). The crews go on high alert as they monitor the sathar progress across the Frontier. While cheered by the news of the Flight’s victory in Kazak, they mourn the loss of friends made while stationed in that system.
|61.282||– The sathar forces from the Sauria system arrive back at their base, SCC#10 (OFS228) where they stand down to effect repairs from the recent campaign.|
– Sathar fleet SBF-E1 jumps into the Truane’s Star system and begins decelerating toward Pale. The Truane’s Star militia, along with PG Virgo, prepare to meet them.
– Task Force Cassidine successfully jumps into the Dramune system, they maintain the high speed and start working on a risk jump to Fromeltar.
– The Dramune militias successfully jump into the Fromeltar system and begin decelerating toward Terledrom, the apparent destination of the sathar forces in that system.
– PG Meteor and the White Light militia successfully jump into the K’tsa-Kar system and begin decelerating toward the planet and sathar forces approaching it.
– The ZKKDA assault scouts also successfully arrive in the K’tsa-Kar system and race to join the fight.
|61.283||– Sathar Fleets SBF-E2 (1 HC, 1 AC, 1 LC, 1 DD, 1 FF, & 8 fighters) and SBF-F2 depart SCC#5 (OFS019) and begin accelerating for a jump to the Kazak system in the Rim. After the initial loss in the Kazak system, the sathar commit their 4 new cutters to SBF-F2 to boost the strength of that fleet.|
– Deciding that PG Liberty can provide advanced warning if sathar start to come from that direction, the Theseus militia, together with the remaining saurian forces in Theseus, begin accelerating for a jump to the White Light system.
|61.284||– The HSS History’s Hope jumps to the YS03 system and begins preparations for a jump to YS05.|
– Sathar fleet SBF-B2 arrives in the OFS166 system. It maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to FS33.
– TF Cassidine makes the jump to the Fromeltar system and begin a hard deceleration. They won’t arrive in time for the initial battle but can engage any sathar forces remaining in the system if the militias cannot successfully hold the line.
|61.285||– Battle of Zik-Kit (Kisk-Kar) – Overwhelmed by the forces of SBF-C1 the two militia assault scouts and the armed station are destroyed with only minimal damage to the sathar vessels.|
– Battle of Terledrom (Fromeltar) – The combined militias of Dramune and Fromeltar quickly overwhelm the sathar forces in an intense 20-minute battle. The only loss is the Inner Reach destroyer with the 2 Outer Reach destroyers sustaining heavy damage.
– Battle of Kawdl-Kit (K’sta-Kar) With some amazing gunnery by the UPF and militia forces, the sathar fleet is reduced to scrap in just 20 minutes. However, before they are destroyed, they manage to obliterate the armed station orbiting Kawdl-Kit. No UPF or militia forces were lost although the CMS Osprey sustained some hull damage that will require a shipyard to repair.
– Battle of Gran Quivera (Prenglar) – Approaching cautiously due to the expected minefield, the sathar’s slow speed limits their maneuverability and they are overwhelmed by the combined forces of TF Prenglar and SF Nova in less than an hour. The UPF only lose 2 F, 5 AS, 1 DD, and 2 LC in the battle. Several other ships will require shipyard repairs.
|61.286||– The UPFS Flying Cloud jumps into the White Light system. It maintains its high speed while performing engine overhauls and jump calculations to get to K’sta-Kar and join up with PG Meteor.|
– The CMS Osprey leaves Kawdl-Kit and begins accelerating for a jump back to the shipyards orbiting Clarion. The White Light SCC has space for up to a HS 4 ship so space is held for the Osprey.
– A HS 8 freighter completes its annual maintenance at the Terledrom SCC giving a total of 12 HS of space in the SCC. The two Outer Reach frigates are immediately admitted for repairs.
– Orbiting high above Zik-Kit the sathar ships spend the day rearming but make no move toward the planet. All UPF and militia ships that were in battles the previous day also spend the day rearming and checking that all systems are ready to go.
– With the militias in control of the Fromeltar system, Task Force Cassidine immediately starts calculations and acceleration for a jump to the K’izk-Kar system.
|61.287||– Sathar fleet SBF-B2 arrives in the FS33 system. It maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to K’tsa-Kar.|
– Battle of New Pale (Truane’s Star) – Sathar target the smaller UPF vessels to great effect destroying 5 fighters, 6 AS, and 1 LC while only losing a DD & LC. While their remaining ships are damaged, so are the remaining UPF vessels which are unable to purse as the sathar break off the fight.
– After finishing what battle repairs they can, the remnants of SBF-E1 start accelerating for a jump to the Zebulon system.
– SBF-C1 leaves orbit around Zit-Kit (Kizk-Kar) and begin accelerating for a jump to the Kaken-Kar system.
– Spacefleet now has several damaged ships in need of immediate repair and a need to replace ships lost in battles with the sathar. However, there is no space in most SCCs across the Frontier and especially in Prenglar.
– Given the state of the Frontier’s starship construction centers, and expecting things to get worse, Spacefleet addresses the Council of Worlds and requests that the Wartime Construction Control clause of the UPF charter be invoked. A relic of the original charter, it has never been invoked in the history of the UPF.
– Receiving word of the departure of SBF-C1, PG Meteor and the K’aken-Kar militia, now rearmed, begin accelerating for a jump to the K’aken-Kar system to meet the on-coming sathar forces.
|61.288||– Sathar fleets SBF-E2 and SBF-F2 arrive in the Kazak system. SBF-F2 begins decelerating toward the inner system to engage the Rim forces there. SBF-E2 maintains its high speed and begins calculations for a jump to Zebulon.|
– Shortly after their arrival in the Kazak system, the sathar fleets are detected and an alert is sent out. The Rim forces brace for another battle.
– Space clears in the Outer Reach (Dramune) SCC and construction starts on a new Destroyer for the Inner Reach militia.
– Space clears in the CDC shipyards orbiting Triad (Cassidine), Spacefleet convinces the shipyard managers to start construction of 5 fighters and another assault scout, preempting the regular construction schedule.
– One of the Outer Reach frigates completes its repairs in the Terledrom (Fromeltar) shipyard freeing up 5 HS of space.
|61.289||– Receiving the alert from Kazak, Spacefleet realize they only have 10-11 days to reinforce Truane’s Star. Replenishing SF Nova’s order of battle with ships from TF Prenglar, but having to leave the damaged assault carrier and its fighters behind, it begins a high risk jump to Dixon’s Star and then on to Truane’s Star.|
– Betting that Cassidine is safe, the third UPF Minelayer is ordered to Fromeltar. It begins accelerating for a jump to Dramune as the first leg of its trip.
– Realizing that there is still enough room in the Outer Reach (Dramune) SSC, Spacefleet gets construction started on a new assault scout before anything else can be moved in.
– The second Outer Reach frigate completes its repairs in the Terledrom (Fromeltar) shipyard freeing up 5 more HS of space. As HS 10 mining ship is moved in to the shipyard for its annual maintenance.
|61.290||– Two-day end of year celebration on Hum begins. With the events currently happening in the Rim and Frontier, the celebrations are more subdued than normal.|
– The HSS History’s Hope arrives in YS05 and begin preparations for the jump to YS06.
– Overhauls complete, the UPFS Flying Cloud jumps into the K’sta-Kar system. It remains at high speed working on calculations for a jump to K’aken-Kar with the rest of PG Meteor. It will be just a day behind them.
– More space opens up in the CDC shipyards (14 HS worth). However, having just bumped six ships ahead in the queue for Spacefleet, they resist efforts to start more military construction giving the space to a large freighter that has been waiting over a month for its annual maintenance.
– Space opens up in the Minotaur (Theseus) shipyards (6 HS worth). The Theseus government starts construction of a new destroyer for the militia although they suspect the hull will be assigned to Spacefleet.
– Space opens up (4 HS worth for a total of 6 free) in the Terledrom (Fromeltar) SCC. The Terledrom government alerts Spacefleet of the availability and starts construction on 2 assault scouts, one for Spacefleet and one for the militia.
– Space (8 HS) opens up in the PGC shipyard at Gran Quivera (Prenglar) as a freighter completes maintenance. After the recent battle, shipyard owners are more than happy to hold the space for Spacefleet. The damaged assault scout and frigate are moved in immediately and begin repairs.
– TF Cassidine jumps into the Kizk-Kar system. They don’t slow down but immediately begin working on engine overhauls and calculating a jump to K’aken-Kar.
|61.291||– Sathar fleet SBF-E2 arrives in the Zebulon system. They don’t slow down but begin immediate calculations for a jump to the Truane’s Star system.|
– Sathar fleet SBF-B2 arrives in the K’tsa-Kar system and starts decelerating toward the White Light Militia ships there. PG Meteor and the K’aken-Kar militia are less than 10 hours from jumping out of the system when the sathar are detected.
– Realizing that the K’aken-Kar militia will suffer the same fate as the K’izk-Kar militia if they return to face the sathar alone, PG Meteor continues with them for the jump to K’aken-Kar.
– SF Nova jumps into the Dixon’s Star system. Working feverishly on overhauls to the assault scouts’ engines, they begin calculating the jump to Truane’s Star.
– The UPF assault scout and frigate complete their hull repairs after a single day in the PGC shipyard (Gran Quivera, Prenglar) and return to active duty.
– Another 6 HS of space open up in the PGC shipyards (Gran Quivera, Prenglar) for a total of 16 HS of space available. The damaged assault carrier is moved into the shipyard to have its engines repaired.
– Realizing that they cannot withstand the incoming sathar force, the White Light militia starts plotting a jump back to their home system. They delay departure, however, acting as bait and hoping to draw SBF-B2 deeper into the system so they don’t jump immediately after PF Virgo or straight to White Light.
|61.292||– SBF-C1 jumps into the K’aken-Kar system and begins decelerating toward the planet.|
– PG Meteor and the K’aken-Kar militia jump into the K’aken-Kar system and begin decelerating to meet the sathar.
– The Theseus militia, along with the second saurian Ark Ship arrive in orbit around Clarion (White Light). The saurians join their sister ships in orbit while the Theseus militia confers with the Clarion Royal Marines and Fortress Redoubt to establish defensive plans.
– SBF-E1 jumps into the Zebulon system and establish contact with SBF-E2 relaying full details of their encounter. They start working on a jump to Kazak System and then back to SCC#5 (OFS019) for repairs.
– The UPF assault carrier’s engines complete their repairs. With 16 HS of space available at the PGC shipyards, Spacefleet begins construction on a fighter, an assault scout, and a light cruiser.
|61.293||– Second Battle of Stenmar (Kazak) – seriously outgunned, the Rim forces are nearly all destroyed with only a single fighter surviving. They manage to take out a sathar light cruiser and cutter before being overwhelmed.|
– The UPFS Flying Cloud jumps into the K’aken-Kar system. It remains at high speed to catch up with the rest of PG Meteor and will execute a hard deceleration to match speed with the group when it does.
– Having succeeded in drawing SBF-B2 into the K’sta-Kar system, the White Light militia, reluctant to abandon Kawdl-Kit, begins acceleration for their jump home.
– Seeing the White Light militia start to leave the system, SBF-B2 changes course and start accelerating for a jump to K’aken-Kar to join SBF-C1.
– The UPF minelayer jumps into the Dramune system. It doesn’t slow down but begins calculations for its jump to Fromeltar.
– Space (5HS) opens up in the Hentz (Araks) shipyards. It is not immediately filled as there is a larger ship waiting on maintenance.
|61.294||– SBF-E2 jumps into the Truane’s Star system and begin decelerating toward New Pale.|
– SF Nova arrives in the Truane’s Star system just hours after the sathar. Unfortunately, they arrived much farther out in the system than anticipated. They begin a fast run and hard deceleration toward New Pale in order to arrive before the sathar forces.
– Seeing more and more sathar ships arriving in the Frontier, the Council of Worlds stops blocking the activation the Wartime Construction Control (WCC) clause in the UPF Charter. Spacefleet is granted complete control of all starship construction centers in the Frontier.
– With the activation of the WCC clause, Spacefleet, with the assistance of Star Law, move to take control of the shipyards. They temporarily suspend any new maintenance work while they sort out the schedule and priorities.
– More space opens in several SCCs across the Frontier: 2 HS at Hentz (Araks) for a total of 7 HS, 18 HS at Rupert’s Hole (Cassidine) emptying that facility, 6 HS at Terledrom (Fromeltar) 12 HS at Gran Quivera (Prenglar), and 5 HS at Minotaur (Theseus)
– Working to replenish their immediate losses, Spacefleet takes control of the destroyer construction at Minotaur, and start construction of 2 assault scouts at Hentz, a light cruiser at Gran Quivera, and a fighter and assault scout at Terledrom.
– Lacking facilities to construct military vessels, the Rupert’s Hole SCC is designated for ship maintenance and two ships are moved in immediately. The other Type III SSCs at Pale & Clarion are given the same designation.
– Spacefleet also authorizes the start of construction for two assault scouts to replenish some of the ships lost by the Truane’s Star militia with the understanding that they may be deputized by Spacefleet during the conflict. Construction starts in Terledrom and Minotaur
Here’s the full timeline to download: